The £2 billion fund will create thousands of 6-month work placements for young people aged 16-24 who are currently claiming Universal Credit. This will provide work experience and skills for the employees, and boost capacity and output of partnering employers.
AAI EmployAbility is proud to have been named a recognised gateway organisation to aid businesses who may require fewer than 30 placements in accessing this support.
Our team has supported employers of all sizes to navigate recruitment and government support programmes for the last 10 years. We have experience in translating public sector frameworks having managed similar employment projects with both the Scottish Government and Scottish Enterprise. We can also provide the required employability training (more details below).
What you need to know:
- Employers from all industries and across the private, public and voluntary sectors are eligible. All sizes of companies, including sole traders, can apply.
- The UK Government will fund 100% of the National Minimum Wage for 25 hours per week, plus employer NI contributions and minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
- Employers will receive £1500 per job placement on start to be used for things such as set-up costs, support and relevant employability training for the participant.
- DWP plans to reimburse employers in arrears monthly after the placement starts. Part of the £1500 could be used here to tide you over.
- Placements must be for new jobs and cannot be a replacement for existing vacancies or displace current employees.
- A Jobcentre Plus Work Coach will monitor the new employee with periodic check-ins.
To apply to be a part of the scheme with AAI EmployAbility as your Kickstart representative, simply fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
As with many of the COVID-19 response initiatives, information around processes and legalities are developing quickly and AAI’s position as a gateway provides employers with expert support, consultation and, if requested, the required training resources to benefit from the scheme (details below).
Should you have any questions about the suitability of this scheme for your employment needs, please email email@example.com
One of the Government’s requirements is that each placement must develop the employability skills and experience of the young people placed. AAI EmployAbility can work with you to provide this mandatory wrap-around training, delivered virtually. Find out more HERE.
Answering employers questions about the Kickstart Scheme - AAI Webinar
On 21 October Renee and Nick from the AAI team answered all the FAQs we've had about the scheme with the most up-to-date information available at the time.
Here is a sample of the session, discussing the application.
If you would like the recording from the full 1-hour webinar session, please request it via firstname.lastname@example.org