£20,000 per annum
Closing date: 7 February 2019, noon
About the Company
IC Select, established in 2007, helps pension plans review their investment governance arrangements and provides pension plans with the detailed due diligence necessary to ensure that the highest standards of plan governance are achieved when selecting and overseeing their fiduciary manager or investment consultant.
IC Select’s values
Wholly independent and not conflicted IC Select is employee owned and does not compete with any investment consultant or fiduciary manager in any area of their business. Consequently, we are allowed greater access to sensitive information with which to inform our research.
We carry out continuous research of the major fiduciary managers and investment advisers, not just when a client requires a review. This ensures a deeper understanding of each firm with subtler insights.
Our research is investment led supported by detailed due diligence, providing broader insights than a box ticking audit led approach.
IC Select is purely focused on the provision of evaluation and oversight of fiduciary managers and investment consultants ensuring no distractions from other work.
Our principals have over 100 years’ investment, actuarial and pension plan experience ensuring a detailed knowledge of the sector and the needs of trustees.
We are constantly innovating and developing our approaches to analysis and oversight to reflect developments in the fiduciary management sector. In recognition of our work, we were recently short-listed for the Professional Pensions DB Investment Innovation Award for creating an industry standard for the calculation and presentation of the performance of fiduciary managers.
The fiduciary manager evaluation research cycle IC Select maintains constant research on the major fiduciary managers covering their investment approach, operational quality and effectiveness and the firm’s profile. Based on this research we
are able to assess how each fiduciary manager compares with the best practice in the industry.
The company now seek an enthusiastic and hard-working graduate to join them as an Analyst. The post has a number of facets to it as outlined below.
Assisting the Director(s) in the gathering of information, analysis and production of research reports for:
• Fiduciary manager research reports
• Investment consultant research reports
This will require:
• Issuing due diligence questionnaires and related documents
• Logging responses to due diligence questionnaires and related documents
• Extracting relevant information from questionnaires and inputting into research database
• Analysis of data and production of charts etc. for inclusion in reports
Fiduciary manager and investment consultant searches:
Assisting the Director in the successful management of a search process
This will require:
• Production of discussion documents and board papers for Trustee Board undertaking the search
• Issuing search documents and logging responses
• Assessment and scoring of bidder responses
Production of oversight reports:
Assisting the Director in completing an oversight report
This will require:
• Issuing information requests to fiduciary managers or investment consultants and pension executives and logging responses
• Managing the completion of qualitative benchmarking questionnaires by trustees
• Analysis of data and report production
Maintenance and audit of the IC Select Fiduciary Management Performance Standard:
Assisting the Director in the audit of IC Select Fiduciary Management Standard
This will require:
• Issuing data requests to fiduciary managers and logging responses
• Uploading data to the performance database
• Data analysis
• Assisting in the production of audit reports
Development of marketing propositions:
Assisting in the production and development of marketing material including communications, presentations, blogs and press releases
• Database maintenance and update for research and performance databases
• Management of production processes and ad hoc support for Directors
• Website maintenance
• £20,000 starting salary
• Up to 5% of salary matched as a company contribution to DC pension after the first six months
• Bonus scheme based on company profitability
Candidates should have a good degree and evidence of mathematical competence at either higher or standard grade equivalent. The candidate could be a recent graduate or have 1 - 5 years’ experience.
The candidate should have an interest in finance and investment and have the ability and desire to work as part of a small company where individual effort affects the outcome of the business. You should also have good written and verbal communication skills.
The successful applicant would be expected to undertake the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) in their first year. Thereafter they would be encouraged to do the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) professional examinations - The CFA qualification typically takes three years to complete.
The company will pay the cost of study for both the IMC and the CFA exams and the costs for sitting the examinations.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 7 February 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY