Location: Remote working from home
Furlough Volunteer Post
Hours to be negotiated
Apply by 29 May 2020
Important: this initiative is a not-for-profit and this role would ideally suit a digital marketing/content creation professional who is currently furloughed from their regular employment. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme states that furloughed workers may volunteer their time and skills to projects such as Virtual Community Kitchen.
“During these unprecedented times of lockdown, more people than ever feel isolated, lonely, scared and in need of support. Many people want to do more to help their neighbourhood community.
Virtual Community Kitchen (VCK) brings people together online to learn how to cook and bake, and give their extra creations to the elderly, vulnerable and shielded in the community around them.”
Virtual Community Kitchen is looking for someone with B2C social media and marketing experience/expertise to help them get this new project underway. If this social business takes off, VCK would love to be able to remunerate the person who helps them out at this point, but until then, this is a job for a furloughed volunteer.
You will play a fundamental role in promoting the concept to the public, driving engagement and generating bookings for the events.
• Social media marketing, scheduling and monitoring (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
• E-Marketing content creation and distribution
• Create basic graphic design pieces
• Copywriting and proofreading for social media and newsletters
• Gathering stories around engagement to feed into PR opportunities
• Content creation and local business storytelling
• Analysing Google Analytics reports
• Ad hoc marketing administrative and operational responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, yet passionate team with a great idea which supports others in a practical and useful way, tapping into very deep-rooted notions of community and being a caring citizen. If you are a digital marketer looking for purpose and responsibility during lockdown, then this is the volunteer role for you.
Important - as this initiative is a not-for-profit, this role would ideally suit a digital marketing/content creation professional who is currently furloughed from their regular employment. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme states that furloughed workers may volunteer their time and skills to non-revenue generating projects, such as the Virtual Community Kitchen.
You will suit this role if you are a warm and friendly people-person who loves being in a role that helps grow a brand or interest in an idea. You’ll be a naturally inquisitive person who is not afraid to take initiative and make decisions on your own. You’ll be able to demonstrate the following:
• High level of verbal and written English
• Firm knowledge of B2C marketing methodology
• Strong copywriting skills
• Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of what the company does
• Inquisitive nature, not afraid to ask questions
• Experience using basic image editing tools (Sketch, Canva or Adobe packages e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
• A strong desire to support community engagement during lockdown and going forward
• Empathy and emotional intelligence galore
You should be comfortable with being able to commit to the hours you agree to volunteer to support the organisation.
We understand that as a furloughed worker, you may not have an up-to-date CV. We will therefore accept a CV or a Linkedin profile (send us a link). In addition, please forward a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role, your skills and your recent employment history. Send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29/05/2020.
Suitable candidates will be invited to a Zoom call to discuss the role and the work of the Virtual Community Kitchen in more detail.
Please feel welcome to share this with anyone who might be interested!