Are you looking to restart your career after a break?
AAI has teamed up with Radiant & Brighter to present a Returners Project with paid Internship/Returnship Opportunities for BME Women in Scotland.
Looking for a new opportunity after a career break?
Want access to flexible paid Returnship Opportunities?
Keen to quiz employers & recruiters on your work needs?
Want to hear from BME community leaders on employability?
Want to attend free employment workshops near you?
We would like to invite you to attend one of three Returners Program events presented by Adopt an Intern and Radiant & Brighter, as part of a Scottish Government initiative to lower the pay gap.
These events will provide information about our employment workshops and details of our flexible, paid Returnship opportunities.
AAI CEO, Joy Lewis, with Anwulika Umeh (L) of the Nneoma
group and returner, Meg Kester (R)
To register, please choose from one of the following:
27 October 2017 Glasgow - sign up for free tickets here
3 November 2017 Edinburgh - sign up for free tickets here
10 November 2017 Aberdeen - sign up for free tickets here
The events will start at 10:00am to 1:30pm.
* please ask about a refund for your travel costs *
Benefits of attending:
• Gain access to and hear from employers, recruiters, government and BME community supporters
• Network with new contacts in your field, and make friends too
• Ask for any support that you may need
• Meet and enjoy the event with like-minded people
• Sign-up for our employer/employment workshops and Returnship Program
Benefits for Returnship candidates:
• Apply your skills and any qualifications in the workplace
• Receive guidance on what employers are looking for in the current job market
• Apply and improve your communication skills and be more effective in a work context
• Learn from others and share strategies on time management and project management
• Apply for our paid Returnship opportunities
• Demonstrate your potential and worth to a new employer.
• BME women looking to get back into employment after a period of time away from work.
• BME women who are underemployed who want to return to their professional field
At the above events, there will be the chance to sign up for our employability workshops. These will include 1-1 mentoring, interview tips and will be supported by representatives from both AAI + R&B.
23 & 25 November Glasgow
18 & 20 January Edinburgh
5 February Aberdeen
We look forward to having you with us for this fantastic opportunity.
Any questions? Talk to us! firstname.lastname@example.org