Location: Dundee and Kirriemuir
£9.00 per hour
Part-Time for 16 weeks with potential for extension
Start date: 1 May 2018
Closing date: 9 April 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 16 April 2018
About the Company
Inspired by Bothies of the past, the award-winning Gin Bothy is an Angus-based based producer from Kirriemuir that favours the old-fashioned approach. The company was founded by Kim in her Bothy when she combined her two interests, gin and local Scottish berries. Originally the drink was sold at fairs around Dundee and Angus, but after a busy year in 2017, complemented by a win at the Scottish EDGE finals, Gin Bothy are outgrowing their small origins, albeit never losing their Bothy or its spirit.
The company is set for massive expansion in 2018 and with plenty of exciting projects and aspirations ahead, this is a great time to join their small, but dedicated and passionate, team.
For more about their gins and the Bothy, see their website: www.ginbothy.co.uk
As part of its expansion and growth, the Gin Bothy are looking to hire a Business Development and Brand Ambassador with an interest in developing ‘Gin Tourism’ to the Bothy. You will be directly helping develop tours and visits to the Bothy as the company grows.
Through your efforts, you will essentially be creating your own role within the company, and an extension of the contract after the initial 16-week period is possible. The role could be fulfilled from Dundee with regular meetings with relevant team members at the company’s headquarters in Kirriemuir.
In this role you will:
• Take responsibility for several business development opportunities
• Develop sales work
• Attend events and create awareness of the brand and products
• Develop marketing of tours and visits to the bothy and distillery
• Research the ‘gin tourism’ market
• Develop a marketing and sales strategy to capitalise on ‘gin tourism’ and drive new business
This role would be ideal for a marketing or tourism graduate or returner with an interest in business development and sales. Knowledge of the hospitality sector would be a strong bonus. As well as understanding Gin and Tourism, you should have a strong eye for understanding the business side of things.
The following skills are desirable:
• Sales and marketing experience
• Knowledge of tourism, ideally with a focus on international tourism
• Knowledge of marketing and brand management online and off-line
• Experience in bars or restaurants
• Ability to research and strong problem-solving skills to produce an actionable plan
• Willingness to take responsibility for your tasks
• Ability to work independently and take responsibility of your tasks
• Good time management and professional demeanour
• Ability to work with and to commit to team efforts
• Clear and confident communication, both verbal and written
• Some travel will be required within the role and a full clean driving licence would be preferable
Closing date for applications is 9 April 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.