£23,000 – £25,000 (DOE) per annum + company benefits
Full time, permanent
Closing date: 16 April 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Tryit is an award-winning Glasgow-based startup product discovery club sending consumers a tailored selection of products to try at home for free.
The company engage with the right consumers with the ultimate brand experience, in the comfort of their home. Helping consumers discover new favourites whilst enabling brands to gain deep insights, collect valuable user-generated content and drive word of mouth that builds trust and boosts sales.
After tremendous momentum in 2018, complemented by a win at the Scottish EDGE Round 13 final in December, Tryit is enjoying continued success and expansion in 2019.
Tryit has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Business Development Assistant looking to grow alongside a rapidly expanding new business.
In this role, you’ll develop business relationships via cold and warm leads, emails, LinkedIn messages, and occasionally in-person meetings whilst keeping an eye on new methods of creating business growth for the company.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Being a canvas to obtain prospect information and win new business
• Following-up phone calls to potential new customers
• Making outbound calls to obtain new business
• Building rapport with new customers
• Maintaining strong relationships with clients to retain business
• Presenting and demonstrating the company's product to businesses
• Organising and maintaining an up-to-date CRM system (HubSpot)
• Organising meetings with potential/existing customers
As with any startup position, there will also be ad hoc administrative and operational responsibilities as the business grows.
• Lots of free samples (woohoo!)
• Great people. Join 15 other passionate and ambitious people at our growing and collaborative HQ in Glasgow
• Team events and outings
• Continuous learning, self-development and up-skilling
• Potential to become a key player in the business, with potential for growth in salary and equity for the right person
To put it simply… Tryit is on the hunt for a talented individual who has a passion for B2B sales, has a positive, vibrant personality and is ready to work hard to achieve with the business.
The ideal candidate would be an outgoing and organised individual, capable of managing their own time and workload in a busy but supportive team.
There will be a sales/client relationship development element to this role, so candidates who are presentable, personable and confident on the phone and in person, with excellent written and oral English, would be preferable.
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
• B2B sales experience
• A proven track record of achieving goals & targets
• Cold calling experience
• The ability to learn quickly
• A positive attitude and readiness to work hard
• Interest/Experience in startups and entrepreneurship
• Excellent verbal & written communications
• A willingness and desire to learn, grow, and move forward
• A self-starter who has the skill & initiative to take a brief/project from start to finish, meeting all deadlines along the way
• Excellent attention to detail
Desirable skills and experience required for this role:
• 2 years experience in B2B sales
• Strong working knowledge of sales strategy and building and managing client relationships
• Experience managing CRM systems
You’ll feel right at home if:
• You are a digitally savvy millennial who lives and breathes technology, sales, and marketing
• You’re ambitious. Working in a rapidly growing startup there will be opportunities to prove yourself indispensable and move up the ranks
• You don’t mind the odd lunchtime beer with your colleagues to celebrate a win
• You aren’t scared to challenge the status quo
• You are a creative out-the-box thinker
You may apply regardless of your academic background, although experience in Sales and Business Development would be advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com for the company details.
Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 16 April 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.