Location: Glasgow with some remote working
£24,000 per annum, pro-rata
Full or Part-time Permanent, hours negotiable
Closing date: 26 October 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
"NAF! Stuff is a Vegan & Cruelty Free Hand and Nail Care brand developed by the team at multi-award-winning Nail Art Bar, NAF! Salon.
NAFIA NailBoss, Tammy, has navigated her way through the nail industry, conquering everything from session manicures for VIPs, to hosting Pop-Up Nail Bars and running a successful Nail Art Brand (DIY Nails) before founding NAF! Salon in 2015. Her cult nail destination has put the ‘NAF!’ name on the map and it’s the salon’s award-winning reputation, dedicated social media following and awesome nail community that inspired the creation of NAF! Stuff.”
Find out more about the company here.
The purpose of this post is to support the Founder & Nailboss, and the wider team delivering the smooth running of the business in its operations, finances, and administration. Developing systems and processes that create efficiencies and effective working practices for the business and team as they grow further, you’ll help everyone do their job better.
Working closely with Tammy, in this varied and interesting role, some of the work you’ll be closely involved in will include:
• Developing an understanding of the cashflow of the business
• Budget planning and monitoring of actual spending
• Stock control and purchasing planning, forecasting and buying
• Strategic operational planning for the team and the business
• Developing and maintaining processes and procedures, possibly introducing appropriate tech to enable the business to function more efficiently
• Project management
• Representing NAF! Stuff to customers and suppliers
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fun exciting growing business. Your skills will be put to good use influencing current activity and future developments.
There is room to negotiate part-time hours if this suits your situation, and although the company base in the south side of Glasgow is fully set up for socially distanced safe working, some of the work could be delivered remotely.
The ideal person will be a confident and well-motivated individual. Your specific academic background will be less important than your ability to demonstrate that you can fulfil the requirements of the post and fit in with the team. To do this, we need people who match the following criteria:
• You have a good understanding of numbers in a business context
• You are a clear communicator with all kinds of people
• You enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively
• You’re flexible and adaptable
• You’re highly organised and able to prioritise differing demands
• You get real satisfaction and value from supporting others to succeed in their role
• You’re proficient and knowledgeable in normal workplace software systems (including Excel)
• You have an understanding of bookkeeping and basic business accounts principles
• You’ve got excellent Project Management skills
• You welcome and seek new ideas and enjoy developing and improving systems, processes and procedures
• You’ve had experience of delivering results and taking responsibility in a business setting
• You are curious and interested in the changing world of work
• You are able to see tasks through to completion
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 26 October 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.