Location: Remote working initially, Edinburgh following lockdown
£12.00 per hour,
Part-time, 15 hours over four or five days
6 months fixed term contract (with potential for extension)
July 2020 start
Closing date: 23 June 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
"Gearing for Growth support Business Leaders to build better businesses and happier, healthier workplaces. We facilitate the delivery of new levels of business performance, increased wellbeing, better working lives with less stress and more time and energy for the important things. We work to bring Work to Life.
We deliver executive coaching to teams and individuals, open and tailored company-specific programmes for leadership and team development, developing effective boards, as well as NXD Development.
We have a niche in high growth invested business, we work across a wide range of sectors in Scotland including tech, creative, tourism food and drink, agriculture, professional construction services and have impact on supporting sustainable growth and scaling of these businesses, reducing stress, creating peer-led development and communities
Our specialist Founder and CEO programme Ignite works with high growth invested CEOs to build their leadership capability, skills and impact, great high performing teams, effective boards and investor relations. We work with Growth Mindset, Emotional Intelligence, effectively leading you to lead others, building a great value-led culture, leading change and building great teams.
We are a small and nimble company with big ambitions. Up to now we have mainly relied on a team of outsourced supporters to build the business.
We now want to grow our core team and have a number of new and exciting initiatives planned: You could be one of our first team members, in at the outset and having a positive impact."
The purpose of this post is to support the Founding Director and team in the smooth running of the business in its operations, finances, and administration. Developing systems and processes that create efficiencies and effective working practices for the business and team as they grow, utilising enabling technology wherever possible to support peoples' ability to work to their strengths and core roles while supporting our culture.
This is a varied role and the types of work you will be involved in touches a number of areas of the business:
Finance – Invoicing, credit control, supplier payment, maintaining accurate P&L, Balance Sheet, Budget and Cashflow, accurate and timely management reporting, pension administration
Customer Administration - Developing the customer administrative journey from writing proposals, onboarding and contracting for various programmes to project planning, venue selection and liaison, scheduling, digital onboarding, invoicing, collecting feedback and testimonials, developing, and conducting engagement and outcome surveys
Business Administration – Developing and maintaining process and procedures, wherever possible using enabling technology to enable the team to work effectively to their strengths without becoming bogged down in unnecessary administration e.g. HR Tools, Expense Tools, Project Management Tools, Template and Form development
Compliance – Being aware of relevant legislation and developments in this area and regularly reviewing and developing policies and working practices to meet compliance in the most effective and enabling way for the team and the business
Project Planning and Management – Overseeing the project planning for programmes to support capacity and resource planning and delivery that exceeds customer expectations
Supplier Management – Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers to develop win/win relationships that serve the business as we grow
CEO Support and Office Management– Supporting the CEO to be free to work on the future of the business free from day to day administration, supporting the team with office administration and logistics.
This is a great opportunity:
• To be part of an exciting growing business.
• To be able to use your skills to influence the future of our business and have the opportunity to grow and develop as we grow and develop as a business
• To be able to have an impact through your work
• Be visible an and impactful with a wide variety of amazing businesses having an impact on our lives in so many ways – we love our clients and feel privileged to work with them.
The ideal person will be a confident and well-motivated individual. Your specific academic background will be less important than your ability to demonstrate that you can fulfil the requirements of the post and fit in with the team. To do this, we need people who match the following criteria:
• You have a growth mindset and can-do attitude
• You make things simple and see through the weeds
• You enjoy working autonomously and grasp concepts to make these a reality
• You’re flexible and adaptable
• You’re highly organised and able to prioritise multiple concurrent projects
• You get real satisfaction and value from enabling others to succeed in their role and a team player who welcomes feedback as a way to improve yourself and the team
• You’re proficient and knowledgeable in Xero Accounting Platform with bookkeeping skills to final set of accounts
• You’ve got excellent Project Management skills
• You welcome and seek new ideas and enjoy developing and improving systems, processes and procedures
• You’ve had some experience of interpreting changing legislation and being able to develop and adapt procedures and working practices
• You’re aware of and interested in emerging enabling technology
• You’re an excellent communicator with an interest in personal development
• You are curious and interested in the changing world of work
• You are a completer – finisher, with a great eye for detail
• It goes without saying that you are competent with Microsoft suite of products, solutions focussed and naturally de-escalate drama- You’re allergic to faff
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23 June 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.