£21,000 – £25,000 per annum
Start date: 14 April 2019
Closing date: 5 March 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 11 March 2019
About the Company
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank, working exclusively with entrepreneurs and funds delivering attractive financial returns as well as positive social and/or environmental impact. ClearlySo provide corporate finance advice and assist clients in raising investment capital from institutional and individual investors. ClearlySo has raised more capital for such organisations than any similar firm in Europe and their pipeline of business is growing very fast. ClearlySo’s work proves that impact has become a key third dimension in investment making decisions, and that value-driven businesses can be both high impact and return.
Founded in 2008, ClearlySo has advised 100+ clients raising over £250m from its network of high net worth individuals and institutional investors to help them scale their businesses. Recent milestones include helping to raise £70m for their clients in 2018, a big jump from the prior year (£45m), a surge in impact fund mandates, and being named ‘Business Consultancy of the Year’ at the British Small Business Awards. ClearlySo also runs the UK’s first, largest, and most active group of private individuals investing for positive impact.
You can read more about ClearlySo on their website: www.clearlyso.com
ClearlySo is looking for an energetic Administrative Assistant to join their Investment Banking team in their London office. As their customer base is very diverse, the team would particularly welcome applicants from a similarly diverse background. This is an important entry-level role that will involve supporting all members of the Investment Banking team through a variety of tasks related to the organisation of various databases and communication with external clients at every level. You will need to deal with confidential and time-sensitive material professionally and efficiently.
Key activities will include but are not limited to:
• Helping members of the team with event organisation and logistics
• Sending invites, reminders, managing RSVPs and chasers for events
• Arranging internal and external meetings
• Undertaking research on events, tracking deals, industry news and identifying emerging themes in the sector
• Data entry and database maintenance
• Transferring meeting notes into the database
• Researching investors that are not in the database that could be interested in deals the company are working on
• Translating Excel ‘deal’ sheets into the system
• Printing and binding pitch books and investor dossiers for clients
• Office management holiday/sickness cover
• Ad hoc duties
What ClearlySo offer:
• The exposure of working at Europe’s leading impact investment bank
• The opportunity to work alongside a highly-motivated and diverse team and learn about impact investment banking
• The opportunity to meet entrepreneurs, investors and businesses at the forefront of the impact investment space
• A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work
The ideal candidate for ClearlySo’s Administrative Assistant will have strong communication and organisation skills with the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality in a timely manner. ClearlySo is particularly looking for someone who can rely on their own judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Previous experience in working in Impact Investment is not necessary for this role, but an interest in learning about Impact Investment is, as you will be in contact with entrepreneurs, investors and businesses at the forefront of the impact investment space.
• A university degree (not sector specific)
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong organisational skills and ability to see multiple things through to completion at one given time
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office software - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, outlook etc
• An energetic 'Can Do' attitude with a willingness to take on ad hoc duties as they arise
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
• Strategic planning skills and ability to prioritise work effectively
Nice to haves:
• Previous experience using Salesforce or similar databases
• Experience in helping with events coordination
• Previous experience in an administrative role (whether it be during university or outside of university)
• Creative thinking skills when it comes to problem-solving
• Compliance knowledge and experience
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 5 March 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 11 March 2019.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.