Location: Remote working from home
Furlough Volunteer Post
Part-time until September
Hours to be negotiated
Apply by 8 June 2020
Important: this organisation provides a vital service in the community and one that is under pressure from the global Covid-19 situation. This project would ideally suit a person who is currently furloughed from their regular employment. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme states that furloughed workers may volunteer their time and skills to projects such as this.
Please note that the application process for this and other volunteering opportunities is slightly different from our usual form. See "Application" section below..
About the Company
At Misadventures in Entreprenruing (MIE) we're on a mission to share refreshingly honest conversations about being an entrepreneur to help them navigate the bumpy and beautiful road of running their own business.
We are about to launch our second season of podcasts and our book ‘Misadventures in Entrepreneur’ is due out on September 10th published by Practical Inspiration Publishing (PIP).
Learn more about MIE here.
This opportunity is to work with the MIE team to build and execute an integrated and global marketing plan around the book launch encompassing digital, press, ‘roadshow’ events, and identifying and working with champions/ambassadors. You will be working with the PIP publicist to coordinate with their organisation’s marketing and communications plan.
The aim of this project is less about ‘selling’ books, and more about creating awareness around the MIE mission and reaching as many relevant entrepreneurs as possible.
You will have free reign to be creative and to generate ideas towards the tone and execution of the project. Expected project duration: 2-3 days per week, immediate start until the end of September (both of these are flexible).
• Conceive and develop efficient and intuitive marketing strategies and plan around the book launch (there are existing kick-off ideas)
• Organize and oversee advertising/communication campaigns (social media, press, podcasts etc.), exhibitions and promotional events on and offline
• Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
• Produce content for diverse marketing distributions (media kit, brochures, press releases, website material etc.) and execute the production and scheduling of all channels
• Monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance
• Coordinating overall timelines with publisher and editorial team as publish date approaches
• Monitor any associated expenses for the project
• Specialization in Communications, digital marketing experience or similar
• Minimum of 1-year experience in campaign management or similar, previous experience with book launches a bonus
• A growth mindset and a good sense of humour are a must
• Strong organization, project management skills and innovative skills to come up new ideas
• Proven multitasker and ability to manage a diverse workload in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with web analytics and digital reporting
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Creativity and commercial awareness
Above all else, you should have a passion and enthusiasm to support entrepreneurs through storytelling!
You should be comfortable with being able to commit to the hours you agree to volunteer to support the organisation.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as their capacity is currently over-stretched.
We understand that as a furloughed worker, you may not have an up-to-date CV. We will therefore accept a CV or a Linkedin profile (send us a link). In addition, please forward a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role, your skills and your recent employment history. Send in an email, titled Communication and Book-Launch Promotion Coordinator with Misadventures in Entrepreneuring (Furlough Volunteer Role) to email@example.com by 8 June 2020.
Suitable candidates will be invited to a Zoom call to discuss the role and the work of the company in more detail.
Please feel welcome to share this with anyone who might be interested!