£19,500 - £21,500 per annum (dependent on experience)
Full time, Permanent
Start date: w/c 15 July 2019
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Interview date: w/c 8 July 2019
About the Company
"FutureX is empowering the purposeful. Our aim is to connect, inspire and educate businesses to put humanity and values at the very core of what they do. We believe that the power of business can be harnessed to create a new global economy that puts people and the planet first.
We curate and create resources for individuals and businesses, supporting purpose-driven approaches and new methodologies. Each year, we host a variety of programmes and events, bringing together some of the brightest minds of our time in iconic venues across the UK and beyond. Our portfolio includes Startup Summit, Scotland’s leading startup event; Impact Summit, one of the largest celebrations of values-led business in the UK; the Silicon Valley Accelerate programme; and regular informal socials for our community,
We also share a selection of digital resources and articles with our audience, mixing our own content with thought leadership pieces and opportunities from our network. This is something we are looking to grow in the future.
Our work connects us with business leaders, governments, corporations and game-changing individuals - all of whom have a role to play in redefining the role of business in today’s world."
Learn more about FutureX here.
You will play a key role in creating and delivering external content and communications from FutureX. You will work across a variety of events and programmes, maintaining the distinctive style of each.
Working with, and reporting to the Head of Events & Marketing, your responsibilities will involve:
● Produce copy for marketing materials for events and programmes, including information guides, partner packs, one-pagers and websites
● Create press releases, maintain relationships with the press and generate new leads with publications
● Communicate with a variety of audience types with frequent newsletters and mailshots
● Write thought-leadership pieces and blog posts based around the ecosystem, current events and values-led entrepreneurship
● Maintain and develop the house styles for each branded event and core FutureX website
● Proofread copy and content from the rest of the team and external contributors
● Provide engaging copy for social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
FutureX believe in providing a safe space for our team to grow and flourish. All ideas, thoughts and opinions are welcomed as we work collaboratively. We have embraced a flexible working policy, which is designed to empower our team to manage their workload in whichever format is optimal for them. We believe this allows people greater ownership of productivity and provides a greater sense of accomplishment and quality of life.
FutureX is looking for a bright, confident and proactive person who is passionate about making a positive impact on the world through their work. Applicants from all academic backgrounds are welcome as long as you can prove that you have the skills to do the job.
You must be computer literate, be considerate and personable when dealing with people, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
You will be expected to generate ideas, working confidently to organise and implement projects both with the team and independently. The successful candidate will be comfortable working across multiple projects at the same time and will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
● Excellent written and spoken English
● Self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a wider team
● Confident in presenting ideas and solutions
● Creative attitude towards content and marketing
● Experience creating engaging content for different audiences using a range of social media platforms
● Comfortable and confident communication skills – online and in person
● Excellent planning and organisational skills
● A hard-working team player with a willingness to support the team in any situation
● Good attention to detail
● Ability to work to deadlines
● Eager to grow and develop with the role and the company
If you can, please highlight any experience in a similar role and send any examples of your published work either as links or Google Docs in your cover letter.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 8 July 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.