LifeScan are currently looking to recruit a graduate intern to take over responsibility for their day-to-day internal and external communication channels. The successful candidate will assist the company’s Community Relations & Events Advisor with LifeScan Scotland’s community programmes and the Communications Advisor with site communication projects.
Full-time for 15 month fixed-term contract.
In this role you will:
• Have copy and editorial control of the day-to-day internal communication channels on-site, including but not limited to: news bulletin, bi-monthly newsletter, company intranet, plasma screens and notice boards
• Work with the Communications team on the development of the company website
• Assist the Communications team with internal and external events of differing sizes
• Assist the Communications Manager with local and national external communication
• Assist the Community Relations and Events Advisor with local and national community relations programmes
• Carry out other responsibilities within the Communications & CSR department to ensure that the 2015/16 goals of the department are met
A member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, LifeScan Scotland Ltd is a medical device company that designs and manufactures blood glucose monitoring kits for the global diabetes market.
The ideal candidate will have a background in corporate communications plus excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required. This will include:
• The ability to influence senior leaders internally and externally
• Ability to collaborate and works within global teams
• The ability to build effective relationships at all organisational levels
Knowledge of basic communication theories, including how to communicate to a large internal audience using basic communication channels, plus an understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility and how it works within a large organisation are essential. Knowledge of media relations principles, including media enquiries and press releases will also be required. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the Scottish and UK media landscapes as well as an understanding of the political landscape in Holyrood and Westminster.
Well organised, you will have excellent time management and project management and will be able to work to demanding deadlines within different time zones. Strong IT skills including a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office packages are essential. Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint would be desirable. The ability to thrive in an environment of constant change is essential.
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2015, at 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.