£25,000 per annum
Full time, 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 25th May 2020, 12 noon
Interviews will commence immediately
This is an exciting new opportunity for someone who is looking to use their proven scientific; neuroscience; neurodiversity or analytical skills or education, in order to work with an industry disruptor, who is building life changing technology for students with dyslexia, autism and anxiety. If you are passionate about working to support and enhance the education of others, this may be the role for you.
About the Company
"As one of Glasgow’s ‘coolest tech starts ups’ (DIGIT), Estendio is building life changing technology to level the playing field for the one billion people across the world with disabilities. Since launching the App Present Pal in September 2018, they are now supporting students with dyslexia; autism and anxiety in over 100 universities and colleges across the UK. The Estendio team plans to expand beyond the higher education market into large corporations and the US, with a host of new and exciting features. Estendio was also announced as Microsoft’s first ever European AI for Accessibility partner, working on Present Pal with the Microsoft Accessibility team, in order to make presentation anxiety a thing of the past.
Working on such a great product and offering means that every single day you will be helping those with accessibility support needs to fulfil their talent, a role where you will be doing genuine good within an organisation passionate about their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and giving back to the community."
Estendio is also a disability confident employer.
Estendio is seeking an ‘all-rounder’ team member with excellent research, analytics and communications skills, to take on the role of Customer Research and Success Coordinator. The ideal candidate will align with their cultural beliefs and company values; have a scientific research, psychology or neuroscience background; possess exceptional interpersonal skills; have a high degree of self-awareness, have proven and excellent administration and customer service skills. The successful candidate should also have an interest in marketing and tech and a willingness to learn. It is essential that the successful candidate is keen and comfortable to work in a fast-paced startup; is sociable and has a desire and passion to help people with disabilities.
Your main responsibilities will be, but not limited to, the following:
• Undergo market research and analysis, in the development of pilots; projects and the generation of a research “white paper” – predominately for the US market.
• Support customer; sales; administration support and lead generation for the US market, with a view to developing into account management.
• Conduct product webinars and online sales calls with disability professionals, to deliver account management, share product news and deliver product demonstrations.
• Design and write product help guide (FAQs).
• Proof-read and edit all company documents and content to an exceptional standard.
• Respond efficiently and on brand, in respect of customer enquiries and requests for further information.
• Carry out various administration tasks to a high standard.
You will also be required to take part in ad-hoc activities due to the start-up nature of their company:
• Represent, co-ordinate and manage tradeshow and industry events.
• Contribute to new product idea facilitation and exploration sessions.
• Writing and supporting of quotations/tender and grand proposals.
What Estendio can offer you
• Competitive salary.
• 28 days holiday, plus 6 bank holidays.
• Company pension scheme.
• Remote working options and flexible hours.
• International travel opportunities.
• Significant personal development growth opportunities.
• Assistive technology support package.
• A “Creative Day” every month.
• Finish early on a Friday!
The ideal person will be a curious; inquisitive, research; data interpretation and customer focused individual who is passionate about what they do. You will also enjoy helping others with accessibility support needs to fulfil their talent and future ambitions.
You will also love working with our key customers and stakeholders, in order to research; analyse; interpret and prepare research papers and projects, whilst keeping close to our customer needs.
• Have a scientific; psychology education/experience, a neuroscience or neurodiversity background.
• Research and analysis experience.
• Exceptional customer service approach.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-awareness, self-management, positive attitude to get the job done.
• Flexible and happy to adapt to a range of jobs and tasks.
• Experienced in Microsoft packages, for example, Excel, Office, Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience in Project Management software.
• Ability to prioritise and ensure the completion of a range of diverse tasks.
• Persistency, resourcefulness and an overall team player, who encourages the growth and knowledge of others.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning industry disruptor and start-up and if you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 25th May 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.