£18,000 per annum
Full-time for 9 months
Start date: 10 September 2018
Closing date: 25 July 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: 14 August 2018
About the Organisation
The Scottish Commission for Learning Disability (SCLD) is the lead strategic partner to the Scottish Government in the delivery of learning disability strategy and policy.
They are an intermediary organisation for the learning disability sector in Scotland, and are committed to finding new and better ways to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities.
Promoting engagement and dialogue with:
• People with learning disabilities and carers
• Professionals; policy officials, service providers
Leading Innovation and collaboration in:
• Service design and delivery
• Practice, support and advocacy
Building and disseminating evidence about
• Lived experiences of people with learning disabilities
A key part of their work is facilitating Scotland’s Learning Disability Week and Scotland’s Learning Disability Awards.
SCLD requires a creative and organised individual to support the Event Management of the 2019 Learning Disability Awards.
Within this role your main tasks will include, but not be limited to:
• Marketing and promotion of the Learning Disability Awards
• Using corporate branding to design the collateral for the 2019 Learning Disability Awards
• Co-ordinating judging panels
• Managing filming logistics for the finalists and be involved in location support of filming across Scotland
• Supporting the development of a robust communications plan linked to the Award Categories
• Supporting the planning of the Awards Event for 300 guests
• Creating and administering a feedback survey to past Award Winners to evaluate the impact of winning a Learning Disability Award
This is an incredible opportunity to join a passionate purpose-driven team to deliver a well-defined project. In this role you will have the opportunity to share your creative and organisational expertise whilst expanding your professional network.
SCLD is looking for an ambitious and creative individual. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in events management, or other related disciplines.
You should be able to demonstrate:
• You are a confident and effective communicator
• You have excellent organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
• You are comfortable in a collaborative working environment
• You can compose engaging and well-written content e.g. social media, written reports
• You are proficient in InDesign or equivalent design software
• You can travel across Scotland
Previous experience in events management would be helpful, but is not essential.
Closing date for applications is 25 July 2018, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 14 August 2018.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY