Location: Coatbridge (North Lanarkshire)
£18,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: 30 March 2020, 12 noon
Interviews will be held as soon as suitable applications are received
About the Company
"Cairnhill works throughout the UK offering a range of clients steel solutions to complex engineering and construction projects. Operating in difficult and quality conscious environments they use the most up-to-date production and factory controls possible to ensure the highest standards are met. The range of specialist sectors they operate in are; Nuclear, Power Generation, Bridge Repair, New Build Bridges, Oil & Gas, Rail & Civil Infrastructure, Petrochemical, Ministry Of Defence sites, Marine, Heavy Piling and light gauge SFS for fast track building solutions. Cairnhill regularly appear in the Business Insider Top 300 SME list.”
Cairnhill is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support directly to the Group Managing Director covering all divisions within the group. Ensuring a proactive approach to strengthen and underpin business efficiency, your duties will be:
• Proactively make day-to-day life smoother for the Group Managing Director and when required other company Directors by reducing their administration load and general day to day running and arrangements within the business
• Manage electronic diaries and email inboxes – directing to more urgent emails and dealing appropriately with other emails
• Assist with meeting preparation – ensuring senior managers and divisional directors have the necessary paperwork; client details; presentation materials etc
• Answer telephone – screening calls appropriately and dealing with enquiries that do not require to be passed on
• Play an active role in client service and act as a confident, reliable and positive point of contact
• Deal with everyday issues including (for example) arranging events, travel arrangements and car / fleet hire administration
• Type ad hoc correspondence, letters and file notes and assist with the preparation of Project / Sales PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets
• Carry out procedures for legal, surveying and property transactions
• Assisting with external IT support for any computer issues and resolving them
• Manage the divisional sales and marketing database – assisting the marketing team with new promotional literature and client details for event invites
• File management – opening project files, logging jobs, scanning documents and drawings, updating files, arranging photos and job costings
• Arrange hospitality events – scheduling diaries, booking rooms and organising catering etc
• Personal tasks such as arranging car tax, processing expense claims; organising lunch, running personal errands etc
• Assist in meeting team deadlines by helping prepare project and tender returns using all methods of skills including word, fax, scanner and photocopier
• Experience of preparing and creating social media posts would be preferred but not essential
• Other reasonable duties as requested
This role is suitable for both graduates and experienced people from a number of different backgrounds. The ideal person will be friendly with a professional manner and be confident in working with people at all levels of a large organisation.
You will be able to demonstrate discretion and be willing to put in extra time and effort when required. You’ll be confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done. A positive mindset and willing attitude is essential.
• Strong interpersonal Skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills in regards to everyday issues
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and speed using MS Office applications
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a good level of literacy and ability to draft concise, accurate, written information
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously
• Attention to detail is very important for this role, and you will be able to demonstrate this throughout the recruitment and selection process
• A full driving licence
• Familiarisation with formatting Word documents
It is essential a good understanding and rapport can be built between the successful candidate and Group Managing Director so a meeting will arranged to ensure the role is evolving in the right manner after an initial 2 month and 6 month period.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 30 March 2020, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held as soon as suitable applications are received.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.