£25,000 - £30,000 pro rata
Part-time, Permanent, 20 hours per week*
Closing date: 7 November 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 25 November 2019
About the Company
“Raven Controls, is an exciting startup disrupting the events sector. With strong market demand, a proven commercial model and funding secured this is a unique opportunity to get in early with a company that has huge growth potential.
In today’s world of complex threats and public expectations for accountability, it is critical that venues have the right systems in place to manage a crisis. Raven delivers mission critical event and crisis management software that streamlines processes and offers new capabilities in real-time collaboration for event staff. This past year Raven has been deployed at numerous globally renowned events and venues, including the Ryder Cup in Paris, Solheim Cup and Pride in London, we have also recently won the contract for UEFA Ops for Euro 2020 across all 12 host cities.”
Raven has enjoyed tremendous growth recently, complemented by a significant win at Scottish EDGE Round 13 awards in December 2018.
To learn more about Raven Controls, visit their website here.
As part of Raven’s continued growth plans, they are looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual to join their team as a Finance Officer.
The role will play an integral part in assisting with the smooth operation of the finance side of the business by having responsibility for paying numerous suppliers as well as processing payments and analysing financial information to generate reports.
In this role your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Allocating invoices
• Managing expenses, including managing receipts through Receipt Bank
• Reconciling sales and costs through Xero
• Pay supplier invoices and track bank account balances
• Analysis of financial information through Excel based reports to match commitments and expenditure to budgets and to forecast future availability of funds.
• Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
• Generate financial reports for bimonthly board meetings
• Assist with general month end duties
• Liaise with Accountants to ensure all requirements are met
What Raven can offer you:
• The Raven team share a passion for their company and therefore would like to offer a supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
• They invest in learning, personal growth and expanding their skills as they know these will be key to the team’s success
• Flexible hours, generous holiday allowance and great work-life balance
• Your birthday off
• Highly competitive salary
• Opportunity to work closely with high profile events, worldwide
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and organised individual to join a rapidly growing company at a key stage of scale.
*Raven Controls pride themselves in flexibility over working hours and arrangements. For the team, the most important aspect of work hours is getting the hours done each week - this could be across 2-3 days or could be spread across 5 days e.g. during school hours.
The ideal candidate will be an individual with relevant work experience in Accounting/Finance. You will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and you should be comfortable working with numbers. Applications from people returning to the workforce after a career break will also be welcomed.
Your work ethic and attitude are most important to Raven Controls, however, the following would be nice:
• Excellent organisation
• Analytical skills and an attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel
• Discreet and confident
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 7 November 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on week commencing 25 November 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.