£25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
Full-time, part-time or flexible working available
Closing date: 19 September 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“Neatebox is a growing business. We are entirely focused on creating a world where equality is standard. Our WELCOME by Neatebox App revolutionises the way people with a disability access buildings, venues, museums, banks etc. WELCOME opens up new possibilities for such people and gives them the freedom to visit places previously closed to them.
It also gives businesses the opportunity to provide the best customer service to anyone with the WELCOME app as they know who is about to arrive and can tailor their service and approach to suit their individual needs.
If working in this growing business and providing a much-needed service to people who deserve a level playing field is right up your street, then you need to get finger to keyboard and apply.”
To learn more about Neatebox, please visit their website HERE.
Neatebox is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their small, ambitious team in the centre of Edinburgh. You will be the first in-house developer and as such will take the lead in the ongoing development of the ‘Welcome’ Platform. You will focus on improving Neatebox existing products and pushing new features across all platforms, but Neatebox will also want you to thrive in a collaborative environment.
Role duties include
• Maintaining Neatebox’s core functionality and building out new features you will work on a range of exciting customer-facing projects
• You will know your way around a command line and be ready to create intuitive user interfaces for a diverse range of users making full use of accessibility features
• Working closely with current and future clients as we build integrations into the existing system
Neatebox is an innovative software company with products and foundational ethos grounded in equality and diversity. Neatebox knows that as a Developer you could work for a big bank, a major financial institution or those people at Quartermile with the ping pong table.
OR, you could do something a bit different and put your hard-earned developer skills to work with a socially-aware company that is hugely ambitious and really going places.
Key skills required:
• Full Stack developer with knowledge of PHP
• PHP frameworks. Laravel preferred
• NoSQL databases - MongoDB preferred
• Experience of iOS & Android development
• Knowledge of geolocation systems
• Building platforms at scale
• Social values and ethos
What Neatebox can offer you:
• Employment within a socially thoughtful and progressive company.
• Support from talented team
• Empowerment to explore your creative ideas
• An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
• A supportive, trusting and open work environment
• Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
• Flexible holiday allowance
• Pension with company contribution
• EMI Shares
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Neatebox is a “Disability Confident” employer and seek to ensure their workforce represents a diverse spectrum of society.
Closing date for applications is 19 September 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.