£18,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join an established industry leader in a multifaceted role, involving both creative and strategic responsibilities.
- The AAI Team
“A Client-focused consultancy offering Construction (Design and Management) CDM, Safety Consultancy and Asbestos Management Services, coupled with Accredited Safety Training covering both construction-related and CDM specific.
Established in 1995, we are an independent, standalone company which allows us to undertake our role on our Client’s behalf without any conflict of interest, thereby ensuring that their interests are our primary concern.”
CDM sponsor the Glasgow Warriors rugby team and support projects for Maggie's Cancer hospices.
To learn more about the company and its projects, please visit their website here.
A permanent position has become available at CDM Scotland’s head office in Ayr for a Graduate CDM advisor. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious person with drive and enthusiasm to advise on CDM duties as required by the CDM Regulations 2015.
• Provide support and advice to multi-disciplinary design teams and clients during the design and pre-construction stages of a wide range of projects to ensure their compliance with their statutory duties under CDM 2015;
• Assist in ensuring safety in design has been considered throughout the design process;
• Be involved in defining the standards of the Principal Designer processes and procedures;
• Ensure compliance with CDM 2015 for projects from inception to completion;
• Undertake CDM reviews, Audits and give CDM advice;
• Collaborate with the CDM team to co-ordinate health and safety and CDM knowledge;
• Prepare, or assist in the preparation of the Pre-Construction Information for issue to the project team and make comments on receipt of the Contractor’s Construction Phase Plan;
• Prepare, or assist in the preparation of the Health & Safety File on completion of the project;
• Any other tasks as required by the business.
You’ll join an established industry leader in a multifaceted role, involving both creative and strategic responsibilities. CDM Scotland is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
You should be educated to degree level with a background in Architecture, Construction or Engineering. You will have strong people skills to enable you to work effectively with colleagues/suppliers and build strong relationships.
You will be IT literate, highly organised and a great team player. You should be able to demonstrate practical competence, flexibility, commitment and problem-solving capabilities.
Desirable but not essential:
• A NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate qualification, not essential as further training will be given.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.