PWMZ are looking for a graduate to join their team as a Paraplanner to support the Financial Planner in providing high quality, compliant financial planning and advice to their clients.
Location: St Andrews, Fife
£20,000 pro rata
Potential for permanent full-time position with pay and performance review after 3 months
This role will involve responsibilities relating to compliance, financial control, research and client communication. As a Paraplanner, you will be accountable for:
• Providing research and administrative support to the Planner to develop suitable client recommendations
• Producing all relevant paperwork and regulatory requirements for the Planner to present potential solutions to clients.
• Producing compliant and detailed Client Suitability Reports
• Assisting in the management of client relationships including attendance at client meetings, receiving client phone calls and providing information if requested.
• Producing regular client portfolio reviews, technical and industry updates with relevant additional commentary to support the client proposition.
• Liaising on a proactive basis with the Planner on a regular and structured basis to work on cases and provide updates.
The successful graduate will have a very high degree of numeracy and literacy skills, attention to detail and strong personal organisation skills. You will have the ability to prioritise your workload, understand and identify issues and resolve disputes in an effective manner including the ability to manage client expectations and internal stakeholders
You will be a strong team player with an outstanding work ethic and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines. Strong communication skills gained within a client-facing role are essential for this role.
You should be IT literate with the ability to use Email, Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Database management tools, CRM systems and a readiness to learn new software packages as required.
Knowledge of, and a background in the Financial Service market, including core products/tax wrappers, UK taxation regime or fund management, would be highly regarded, but are not essential.
Closing date for applications 23 June 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.