Location: Westminster, London
£10.00 per hour
Full-time for 6 months (potential for permanent)
Closing date: 21 February 2020, 12 noon
This is a great opportunity for a presentable and organised individual to join a vibrant Scottish community hub in London.
- The AAI Team
About the Company
“London Scottish House is a key part of the local community in London as well as acting as an important link connecting Scotland to the Capital. They bring people together around a shared heritage and invite the wider London community to explore Scotland’s unique history and culture.
London Scottish House is operated by London Scottish Volunteer Enterprises Ltd as a social enterprise on behalf of its owning charity the London Scottish Regimental Trusts. They offer office services, hospitality and cultural programmes for business and charity start-ups, as well as being a community and heritage centre for Scots in London.”
Learn more London Scottish house HERE.
The House Services Coordinator is responsible for managing bookings, whilst providing reception and administrative support to the London Scottish House office space community and coordinating this activity with other departments of the business.
This community embraces virtual office customers, co-working clients, temporary office licensees, and overnight accommodation guests. House Services are managed by an online booking and payment platform called Nexudus. Nexudus is accessed either by direct linkage to the booking site or via a link embedded in both of the two London Scottish websites – www.londonscottisgregt.org and www.londonscottishhouse.org
Supporting the Chief Operations Officer, your tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Providing full secretarial, administrative and coordination support to the House Services
• General administrative duties as directed by the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• Answering the telephone, taking messages/requests and Reception duties for Office Services
• In conjunction with the Office Administrator ordering stationery and equipment
• Maintaining records, contacts and database management of Nexudus
• Filing and archiving of Event Plans, Briefings, and Contracts
• Diary management of Nexudus and external events
• Ensuring proper invoicing and payment control for House Services
• Management of timings and cleanliness of coworking spaces for and between bookings
• Booking and managing housekeeping services for guest accommodation
• Ensuring reported faults in the coworking spaces are recorded in the Facility Managers fault book
• Managing of incoming post for Office Services clients
• Providing other event management support to the COO
• Liaison with other members of the Front of House team as required
London Scottish House is looking for a highly organised, friendly individual with solid communication skills and a qualification or experience relevant to this work. This could be a qualification or relevant experience in Events, Hospitality or Administration.
London Scottish House is a charity owned social enterprise that provides a community hub for Scotland in London. Therefore, someone of Scottish heritage or who has an affinity with Scottish culture and identity would be at home with their charitable purpose and operations; however, this is not essential.
• An affinity for Scottish culture and identity
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Professional telephone manner
• Strong team player, able to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
• A good eye for detail
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Strong IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
There is the potential for this role to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 21 February 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.