£9.07 per hour
Full-time, for 6 months initially. Possible extension to 12 months.
Closing date: 13 May 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: 23 May 2019
About the Organisation
Stirling Council's area lies at the very heart of Scotland. It covers 220,000 hectares from Tyndrum and Crianlarich in the southern highlands to the villages of Killearn and Strathblane in the south-west and the former mining villages of Plean, Fallin and Cowie in the east. The 83,000 population splits 50:50 urban to rural, with the urban population centring around Stirling, Dunblane and Bridge of Allan.
Housing Service priorities are to:
• Prevent homelessness through early intervention and, where it occurs, provide people with appropriate housing, adopting a Housing First model;
• To deliver more affordable homes and well- managed stock to meet local needs and sustainable communities;
• To ensure tenants live in warm, dry, energy efficient and low carbon homes;
• To provide customer focussed, quality housing services, working collaboratively with tenants and other partners
This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact within a role and gain meaningful experience in a public sector environment. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Staff engagement
• To support and deliver change and improvements and staff engagement across housing services
• To help prepare individual communication plans for housing projects to support effective engagement and communication with staff
• To develop a range of staff communication and engagement methods to support staff
• To work closely with the Chief Housing Officer and Housing Management Team to plan and deliver effective improvements, staff engagement and participation
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with an academic background in Business Management. It is essential that you are organised and able to work to deadlines, are proactive and able to use your initiative. You will be professional and discrete in dealing with confidential and sometimes sensitive/personal information.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
A current full driving license is essential.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 13 May 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 23 May 2019.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.