£19,000 per annum
Full-time, for 12 months
Closing date: 3 November 2017, noon
About the Company
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business, with an unrivalled collection of global brands including SMIRNOFF, JOHNNIE WALKER, BAILEYS and GUINNESS. We are a global business, employing over 30,000 talented people worldwide with offices in around 80 countries.
We’re looking for an ambitious Intern with a passion for Information Technology and Systems to join our Global Diageo Business Services team! We are focused on growing and developing our talent. We are keen to find someone early in their career to invest in, providing a fantastic opportunity to really add value and learn in a fast paced and exciting environment.
The Information Systems internship within our Diageo Business Services (DBS) function, offers you the perfect platform to gain real insight into a Global business, gain new skills and express your ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the processes and systems used in Diageo to support the production and distribution of our premium products.
Within IS, the area of Business Intelligence and Analytics is a big focus, and this internship is perfect for someone with strong analytical skills who is confident working with data to derive insights.
Day to day you will be involved in our systems projects, working on analysis and design of IT and data solutions.
The role will also provide support to the Supply IT Leadership Team for the weekly and monthly management reporting structure. This presents a great opportunity to work directly with senior managers in the organisation. The specific task will involve updating management reporting, ensuring the team are aware of the current status of projects.
In addition to the traditional MS Powerpoint and Excel methods for reporting, the intern will be expected to have a desire to explore new software that the team can use to collaborate more effectively. Currently we are exploring tools such as QUIP and SLACK to enhance our team working.
Together with a drive to learn and curious spirit, you’ll be enthusiastic, open-minded and assertive, and ready for different and challenging projects. The key ingredients we want you to have include:
• Ideally educated to or working towards degree level
• A desire to work in the Information Systems, Business Intelligence and Analytics or Collaborative software arena
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Must be able to create effective relationships within the project team and with Business Stakeholders
• Must be confident at presenting within a meeting structure
• Must be organised and highly analytical in approach
• Attention to detail is critical with excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Must be competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office apps such as Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
• Must have a desire to explore new software to enhance the working environment
• Covered courses on programming and database structures/systems as part of your education
• Record and report performance meeting
You will be using the following applications; experience using any of these will be beneficial.
• Microsoft SQL
• Microstrategy / Qlik reporting
• Microsoft SharePoint Development
• Visual Basic Programming in Excel
• New collaborative technologies, QUIP, Slack, Zoom
Closing date for applications is 3 November 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.