Access Plus are a powered access equipment hire company based in North Ayrshire.
Location: Stevenston, North Ayrshire – moving to – Irvine
£16,000 per annum
Full-time, 9am-5pm for 3-6 months
Ideal start: July 2015
Access Plus are in the process of moving from their base in Stevenson to a new location in Irvine and are looking to hire an IT/Network Technical Support Intern to help with this transition.
Within this role your main tasks will be:
• to plan and ensure the day to day efficient & effective running of the company’s IT systems by executing the maintenance, arranging the outside contractors or planning/setting up, buying or installing technical solutions (and dealing with contracts and all that is involved in doing so).
• to source and quote all IT equipment including PDAs, PCs, Monitors, Servers, Mobiles, Headsets, Desk Phones, Laptops etc..
• the daily management of back-up drives, & weekly update Out of hours support tel no.
• to provide support to all Personnel within Access Plus & Training Plus for all IT related problems including printers
• to provide IT/Quality Manger with admin support
• to provide help and assistance with the office move, including:
• kiting out of the new office
• setting up of new server room
• moving of all computers, servers, photocopiers & phone system.
The ideal intern will have a background in IT/Network support and/or computer sciences. You will be a strong communicator who is confident dealing with stockists and suppliers over the phone, in person and by written correspondence. You will have a sound knowledge of computer networks and IT support.
You will be organised and able to stick to deadlines. The successful candidate must work well on their own and as part of a busy team. You will be mature and responsible, able to manage your own workload and find solutions to problems. Previous administration or project management experience would be beneficial.
Closing date for applications is 29 June 2015 at 5pm.
Interviews to take place on Monday 6 July 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.