Location: Remote with travel to Dundee
£23,000 – £27,000 Depending on experience
Full-time 35 hours per week
Starting 1 November or sooner
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 September 2021, noon
Interviews will take place on the 6th of October at 9, 10 and 11 AM
About the Company
“Social Good Connect (SGC) is a non-profit purpose-led organisation that makes employee volunteering simple. We connect employees to their perfect volunteering opportunities using our search and match technology.
Our purpose is to create a world where people care and are inspired to make a positive social impact.
We are role models for doing good and being brave. We are not afraid to be different. We try new things. We are open about our journey connecting people.
Our values are doing good – we seek out ways to make it easy for people to help others.
For more information on Social Good Connect, you can visit their website HERE.
Social Good Connect is looking for an open, honest and transparent individual enthusiastic to do good through their work. As a Business Development Executive, you will play an integral part in the growth of the company, researching and identifying potential customers before approaching leads to generate interest.
You will be expected to generate ideas and formulate plans, working confidently to lead and execute projects effectively both with the team and independently.
The key tasks will be to:
- Identifying and communicating with key organisations, stakeholders and potential clients across the UK
- Developing creative partnership ideas and collaborations
- Identifying, qualifying and building on new leads
- Establish, nurture and maintain high-level relationships towards a sales conversation
- Work alongside the leadership team to implement strategies that build long-term and multi-year partnerships
- Participate in team and client meetings
- Track all communication with potential customers in SGC’s CRM system
- Ensuring all CRM sales and relationship data is accurate and up to date
SGC is looking for a bright, outgoing and proactive person who is passionate about making a positive impact on the world through their work. Applicants from all academic backgrounds are welcome to apply as long as you can prove that you have the skills and experience to do the job and have an appetite to grow and develop in a supportive team. Applications from people returning after a career break will also be welcomed.
The following skills and qualities are required to be successful in this role:
- Entrepreneurial approach and mindset
- Self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a wider team
- Confident and proactive
- Comfortable negotiating and finding solutions
- Creative thinking
- The ability to sell products and services
- The ability to use your initiative
- Good IT and administrative skills
- Experience using CRM software (desirable, but not essential)
- Ability to be considerate and personable when dealing with people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to problem solve quickly
- Detail-focused and organised
Within this role, you will develop business development skills and expand your professional network whilst directly impacting and shaping a dynamic and innovative young company.
If you can, please highlight any experience building and managing new commercial relationships and/or working alongside major corporates.
Essential to this role is a firm belief in the vision and values of Social Good Connect. If you want to be part of a purpose-driven, inclusive and supportive team, this is the role for you.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly.
The closing date for applications is 28 September 2021 at 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored cover letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We DO NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.