Location: Stirling, although you will initially be required to work from home.
£17,500 per annum
Full-time (35 hours per week), fixed-term contract till 31 March 2022
Closing Date: Thursday 23 September 2021, noon
Interviews will take place week commencing 4 October 2021
About the Company
“Keep Scotland Beautiful (KSB) is a charity that campaigns acts and educates on a range of local, national and global environmental issues to change behaviour and improve the quality of people’s lives and the places they care for. We are committed to making Scotland clean, green and more sustainable.”
For more information on Keep Scotland Beautiful you can visit their website HERE
“Do you want to keep Scotland beautiful? Do you have a passion for taking action to combat climate change, reduce litter waste and protect the places we all care for? Are you interested in helping people understand these challenges and how they can contribute?
If so, KSB has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with strong organisational and communication skills to join our team. This position will provide an opportunity for you to play a key role in supporting the KSB Communications Plan and their communications activity across all areas of the charity.
In this role, you will have a comprehensive overview of all facets of the marketing process, market research, through to monitoring the effectiveness and impact of promotional activity. You’ll also benefit from some of our award-winning training, even having the opportunity to be accredited as Carbon Literate. Training will also be provided in the use of our website content management system, analysing the success of our social media, and assisting a busy team with daily data gathering, reporting, media and marketing tasks.
You will engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, support campaigns and projects, create quality content for the KSB website and social media channels, and be involved in collating and sharing information about the organisation’s work.
The key tasks will be to:
- Contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of our charity’s Communications Plan, with particular emphasis on supporting the Communications Manager with administrative tasks.
- Accurately maintain databases of activity and analytics to monitor the success of our online and print communications.
- Assist with ensuring effective and high performing content is shared via our newsletters, our digital communications on social media and our website and via email.
- Support on-the-ground delivery of communications activities and events such as media photocalls and activity launches.
- Provide project, administrative and communications support including assisting with the production of reports and internal briefings.
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to all internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Health and Safety policy.
- Observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.”
- The ideal candidate will have a background/interest in the environment and communications. You will possess great organisational skills, be task-focused, efficient, and flexible with good verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be computer literate and have experience using Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- An understanding of the environmental sector and the role communications plays in people’s lives and a passion for social media is desirable.
- Experience of previously being involved in environmental campaigns, communications and/or community projects would be an advantage.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 23 September 2021 at 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored cover letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We DO NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.