Location: Remote UK
Salary: £18k – £24k depending on experience
Full-Time, permanent (4-day week. 4-month probationary period)
Closing date: 22 March, 12:00
Hi, we’re FutureX!
We’re on a mission to make the world a better place through business.
We host some of the world’s leading entrepreneurship events and have built a thriving membership community for founders and business leaders seeking a more sustainable, socially conscious global economy.
We work with global brands, local legends and innovative individuals.
We love creating and curating content designed to inform, educate, amuse and inspire.
We practise what we preach. Our values guide our decision making and underpin everything we do.
We want to change the world.
And we’d like you to join us!
- Engaging content and copy for our social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
- Content and copy for our regular FutureX and event blogs, newsletters and mailshots
- Copy for our websites, information guides and reports.
- Press releases, maintain existing press relationships and develop new ones.
- Thought-leadership and opinion pieces
- Learning, maintaining and developing the house styles for FutureX and our event brands
- Proofreading copy and content from the rest of the team and external contributors
- Helping to develop marketing strategies and campaigns
How we work
Our team is predominantly based in Edinburgh and we have been working remotely since March 2020. We do morning check-ins and our meetings over zoom and communicate throughout the day on slack. We also regularly use Google Workspace, Notion, Canva, MailChimp, Typeform, WordPress, Strikingly, Mighty Networks and most major social media platforms. If you have prior knowledge of any of these, great! If not, we can get you up to speed very quickly, so don’t worry.
We believe in providing a safe space for our team to grow and flourish. All ideas, thoughts and opinions are welcomed as we work collaboratively. We generally work a four-day week and have a flexible working policy. We believe this allows people greater ownership of productivity and provides a greater sense of accomplishment and quality of life.
We’re looking for someone who LOVES writing, and is confident in their ability to create and adapt content for different platforms and audiences – from short tweets to detailed articles, versatility is key.
We want someone who is bright, confident and proactive, and is passionate about making a positive impact on the world. Applicants from all academic backgrounds are welcome as long as you can prove that you have the skills to do the job.
You must be considerate and personable when dealing with people, and have excellent communication skills.
You will be expected to generate ideas, organise and implement projects both with the team and independently. The successful candidate will be comfortable working across multiple projects at the same time and will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent written and spoken English (absolutely essential!)
- Experience creating engaging content for different audiences across multiple platforms (eg. social media, blogs etc)
- Regular user of social media
- Creative attitude towards content and marketing
- Self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a wider team
- Confident in presenting ideas and solutions
- Outstanding communication skills – online and in-person
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A hard-working team player
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Eager to grow and develop
- A good sense of humour.
Added bonus (don’t worry if you don’t have them though!)
- Experience of paid online ads (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn etc)
- Experience of SEO
- Experience of Photoshop / Illustrator / any design software.
- Understands growth marketing, funnels, viral loops and referrals
Closing date for applications is 22 March 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.R