Salary: £25,000 to £27,000 pro rata
Permanent, Full-time (09:00 – 17:30 Tuesday to Saturday)
Closing date: Noon on Thursday, 18 August, Immediate start
About the Company
“Dingwall Fabrics is a busy independent fabric and soft furnishings shop in Morningside. All the soft furnishings are hand-made and made to measure, ensuring that the highest quality and longevity of each product is achieved.
Dingwall Fabrics work with a range of highly experienced local sewers and upholsterers, each with a wealth of experience that ensures that the customer’s purchase receives the care, expertise, and dedication it deserves. Dingwall Fabrics prides itself on its customer care and the quality of the products it offers.”
Learn more about Dingwall Fabrics here.
Dingwall Fabrics is currently seeking a Customer Service Administrator to join their small, friendly team. This role was described by its two previous placeholders as the best job they’d ever had!
The successful candidate will have a flair for interior design and will help customers select fabrics for curtains, blinds, and soft furnishings ideal for their homes. Duties will include assisting customers in making choices, preparing and sending out quotes, ordering fabrics, tracks, etc, invoicing, and broader ad hoc administration duties.
As part of a well-established team, the successful candidate will be fully supported and on-the-job training will be provided.
The main responsibilities of the role are outlined below:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Discuss customer needs and suggest suitable solutions
- Send out quotes to customers based on information provided
- Take card payments by phone and in-person
- Prepare, place and track fabric orders with our suppliers
- Complete worksheets for sewers and upholsterers
- Invoice customers
- Maintain the sales spreadsheet and ensure it is kept up to date
- Check all fabrics for flaws before they are sent out to sewers
- Monitor progress of work through the production schedule
- Book measures and fitting using a shared diary system
- Actively maintain the appearance of the shop
- Monitor stock levels and order stock items as required
- Telephone liaison with customers and suppliers
The successful candidate will be proactive and able to deal with a diverse schedule.
The other requirements are listed below:
- Proven working experience in a customer service environment
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident with an engaging personality
- Basic administration skills with a working understanding of Word and Excel
- Ideally, hold an interior design qualification but this is not essential. Must be educated to at least school Higher standard or equivalent.
- Creative and artistic with a strong interest in interiors, fabrics, and home design and function
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Noon on Thursday, 18 August.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
In your Cover Letter, state A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the title format of “[Your full name] CV” and “[Your full name] CL”.