Salary: £25,000 to £27,000 per annum
Permanent, Full-time (09:00 – 17:30 Tuesday to Saturday)
Closing date: 12 May 2021, 12 noon
About the organisation
Dingwall Fabrics is a busy independent fabric and soft furnishings shop in Morningside. All the soft furnishings are hand-made and made to measure, ensuring that the highest quality and longevity of each product is achieved. Dingwall Fabrics work with a range of highly experienced local sewers and upholsterers each with a wealth of experience that ensures that the customer’s purchase receives the care, expertise, and dedication it deserves.
Dingwall Fabrics prides itself on its customer care and the quality of the products it offers.
About the role
Dingwall Fabrics are currently seeking a full-time Customer Service Administrator to join their small, friendly team. The successful candidate will have a flair for interior design and will help customers select fabrics for curtains, blinds, and soft furnishings ideal for their homes. Duties will include assisting customers in making choices, preparing and sending out quotes, ordering fabrics, tracks, etc, invoicing, and broader ad hoc administration duties. The successful candidate will report to Sheila Loudon, owner, and manager of Dingwall Fabrics. He/she will be proactive and able to deal with a diverse schedule. As part of a well-established team, the successful candidate will be fully supported and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Discuss customer needs and suggest suitable solutions
- Send out quotes to customers based on information provided
- Take card payments by phone and in-person
- Prepare and place fabric and track orders with our suppliers
- Complete worksheets for sewers and upholsterers
- Invoice customers
- Maintain the sales spreadsheet and ensure it is kept up to date
- Check all fabrics for flaws before they are sent out to sewers
- Monitor progress of work through the production schedule
- Book measures and fitting using a shared diary system
- Actively maintain the appearance of the shop
- Monitor stock levels and order stock items as required
- Telephone liaison with customers and suppliers
- Keep up to date with product information
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Proven working experience in a customer service environment
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident with an engaging personality
- Basic administration skills with a working understanding of Word and Excel
- Ideally, hold an interior design qualification but this is not essential. Must be educated to at least school Higher standard.
- Creative and artistic with a strong interest in interiors, fabrics, and home design and function
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE
Closing date: 12 May 2021.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.