Salary: £18,000 per annum, plus bonus. 38 days holiday + many additional benefits (see below)
Contract: Permanent 0900 – 1700. Monday to Friday
Start date: September 2021
Application Closing date: 3 August 2021, midnight (but please send your CVs asap to firstname.lastname@example.org, see “Next Steps”)
About the organisation
“Listed as one of the UK’s top employers, with almost 240 years of experience, Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. Our broad range of products means we can support people across all stages of the life savings cycle.
At Phoenix, we know that your life is full of choices, not least about where to develop and build your career. With a customer-obsessed culture, we know all about working for a better future – we do it every day. We can offer you a career opportunity second to none within our successful and growing life savings business.”
Find out more about the Phoenix Group HERE.
About the role
Following the success of our previous campaign, we are seeking to train and develop an additional team of school leavers in permanent roles within our Customer Operations department.
Full training, support, and equipment will be given.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience working in a large organisation as part of a supportive team. We pride ourselves on our culture of support, staff retention, and internal promotion.
If you have recently left high school and are passionate about helping customers, we’d love you to apply! We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Responsibilities over different roles
- Dealing with a range of Standard Life-branded pension queries
- Using your first-class communication skills to make the complex simple for our customers, whether over the phone or by email
- Playing a key role in ensuring customers are equipped with all the information they need to make the right decision on their policies
- Using your ability to have great conversations with our customers in a confident, friendly and professional manner (there are no sales involved in this role)
- Using your high degree of accuracy to process payment and claims transactions (if this is one of your strengths)
- National 5 certificates in Maths & English
- Two Highers of any subject
- A customer-service focus
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Basic administration skills with a working understanding of Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Friendly, helpful, confident with an engaging personality
In return you will be offered these benefits:
- BONUS: Opportunity to earn from 8% (on target) up to 16% performance related annual bonus incentive
- PENSION: 10% non-contributory pension, we’ll also match any contribution you make by a further 2%
- WORKING HOURS: Positive work/life balance – 35 hours per week, generally between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday. (No weekend work or late-night shifts).
- **working online until government restrictions lift **
- TRAINING: Award-winning training and induction programme. You’ll also be supported by a mentor and buddy throughout your training and beyond.
- DEVELOPMENT: Ongoing training with the opportunity to complete qualifications as you work.
- OTHER BENEFITS: Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance & BOGOF Sharesave Scheme, discounted gym memberships, and cinema tickets.
From AAI EmployAbility:
How to apply
If you have any questions about this role or Phoenix Group, please contact Jane at AAI via email@example.com. Please do not contact Phoenix Group directly.
Please submit a CV to Jane in an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. All CVs must be submitted on the closing date, but preferably earlier.
Your CV must contain the following:
- Home address
- Telephone/mobile number
- Email address (this is required for a contract of employment to be issued)
- Your confirmation that you have permission to work in the UK.
Closing date: 3 August, midnight – this may be extended but we encourage an early application.
In your accompanying email, please answer the following questions:
- What do you know about Phoenix Group? (a few sentences, no more than 250 words)
- What did you enjoy learning about at school and why? (a few sentences, no more than 250 words)
- What skills and/or experience do you feel you could bring to the role, to help us deliver a great customer experience? (a few sentences, no more than 250 words)
From Phoenix Group:
“Your application will be reviewed and if shortlisted you will be invited online for a quick introduction to Phoenix Group and to meet some existing school leaver Customer Operations Representatives.
The next stage is an online gaming assessment which Phoenix Group hope you’ll enjoy – then the successful candidates from this will be asked to submit a short video answering 3 questions about themselves.
All candidates will be notified and given feedback regardless of the decision.
Bring your skills and enthusiasm to our industry-leading pensions and savings business looking after Standard Life customers – and you can look forward to a great career with us: we’ll recognise your efforts, support your development and help to drive your ambitions.”