Location: Edinburgh (hybrid working options available after probation)
Salary: £24,000 p/a
Full-time/ part-time, permanent, fully flexible
Closing date: 31 May 2022
About the Company
“Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds.
We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand.
We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?”
Learn more about Phoenix Group here.
Making choices about your pension is one of the biggest financial decisions most people make in their lives. You would be the first point of contact for pension & retirement queries from Phoenix Group’s customers, IFAs and corporate clients. They currently have a number of full-time and part-time roles available in Customer Operations.
The company have opportunities to join their Customer Operations contact centre where you’ll be handling 40 – 60 calls per day dealing with a range of pension queries from Standard Life customers.
This is not your typical call centre role – their queries are often complex and in-depth.
Using your first class communication skills, you will:
- Be responsible for making the complex simple for their customers, whether that is over the phone or by email
- Play a key role in ensuring customers are equipped with all of the information they need to make the right decision regarding their pension policies. There are no sales involved in this role, what’s important is your ability to have great conversations with customers in a confident, friendly and professional manner
Training will also be provided.
In reference to benefits, you will receive:
- An annual bonus of 8-16% of salary
- 10% non-contributory pension
- 38 days holiday
- 12 x salary life assurance
- Private healthcare
- An extensive selection of flexible benefits
Phoenix Group value diversity in their workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
This role would be ideal for a passionate and motivated individual, who enjoys giving customers the best possible experience.
You’ll have a background in delivering the best for your customer (either in person or over the phone). You do not need any contact centre or financial services experience as full training will be provided.
Applications from retail, hospitality, travel or other customer focused industries are very welcome.
Essential skills and qualities:
- Enjoy learning new processes and information
- Possess strong PC skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent communicator who enjoys speaking on the phone
- You always prioritise the customer experience
- Enjoys building relationships
- A drive for delivering results
- Willing to embrace change
- Efficient at information seeking
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2022, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL. Please link any online portfolio work in your CV or Cover Letter.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.