Location: Bridge of Allan, Kirkintilloch & Gartcosh, Scotland
Salary: circa £35,000 per annum
Full-time, 37.5 hours, Permanent
Closing date: This role is now closed for applications
Guala Closures, a market leader in the production of aluminium and ‘non-refillable’ closures, has an opportunity as an Environmental Advisor.
Why Guala Closures:
- Make a real impact on brand protection in the drinks industry
- Be part of a company that thrives on innovation
- Guala Closures is committed to investing in its employees’ development and offers excellent opportunities for career advancement
- Flexible working options are available
Guala Closures has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic Environmental Advisor to join its team.
You will be at the heart of its operations, providing essential advice and support to businesses within the Guala Closures sites in Bridge of Allan & Kirkintilloch. You will play a vital role in ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and implementing environmentally sustainable practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice and support to the Management & Workforce on the requirements of environmental legislation
- Monitor and manage programmes to implement requirements of the pollution prevention control (PPC) permit including collating data, preparation of reports and associated documentation
- Conduct site environmental compliance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legislation
- Deliver training programmes for Environmental Management Systems and Emergency Response
- Support the Implementation and management of environmental management system
- Management of waste and waste contractors
- Manage all data entry and analysis of energy consumption. Identify opportunities to save energy
- Preparation and updating of environment management plans and site waste management plans
- Liaise with SEPA (Scottish Environment Protection Agency) and other external parties on environmental matters.
- Investigate incidents and near miss events
- Deliver induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings if required
- Drive engagement of environment health and safety (EHS) across the company
- Prepare information for regular site bulletins
- Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos for the site management team and operatives
Guala Closures is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. Regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships, they want to hear from you!
The successful candidate should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and be able to interact with teams to build effective relationships. This is a hands-on position within a busy manufacturing environment.
The essential requirements for this role include:
- A formal environmental qualification e.g., environmental science qualification or certification from The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Detailed knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Demonstration of strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work on your own and contribute to wider team
- A collaborative approach, attention to detail, and ability to overcome challenges
- A self-driven and motivated attitude towards achieving excellence
About the Company
“Guala Closures UCP Ltd is a fast-paced, high volume, manufacturing and design Company who are a key supplier to the drinks industry.
We’re a market leader in the production of aluminum and “non-refillable” closures with a wide range of innovative and technological solutions to protect the quality of the products.
We are renowned for our cutting-edge solutions in aluminum and non-refillable closures, providing our clients with unrivalled protection against counterfeiting. Our commitment to technological innovation has made us a trusted partner for spirits manufacturers worldwide, helping them safeguard their brand image.
As counterfeiting poses significant economic and health risks, creating a unique and distinctive brand identity is essential. Our custom-designed closures, available in a limitless range of colors, shapes, sizes, and materials, empower our clients to enhance their brand image while ensuring product authenticity.”
Learn more about Guala Closures here.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com.
This role is now closed for applications.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
In your Cover Letter, state A) your availability and B) relevant experience and C) demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the title format of “[Your full name] CV” and “[Your full name] CL”.