Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time, Permanent (flexible working considered)
Closing date: 8 December, 12 noon
About the Company
“Pillow is a property management service matching homeowners with quality guests from around the world. Since 2006, they have offered their property management services to holiday homes, serviced apartments, guest houses, B&Bs and hotel owners and have been rapidly expanding across the UK and now Europe and America.
Through their management services, Pillow aims to take all the work away from their clients and free up their time, including property preparation, guest communications, changeover responsibilities and promotion of client properties.”
To learn more about Pillow, visit their website HERE.
Pillow Partners now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Finance Coordinator to join their team here at HQ, based at Olympic Business Park (Dundonald, Ayrshire).
- Action daily accounting procedures through Pillow’s internal systems and Xero
- Liaise with external accountants at year-end/when appropriate
- Assist with monthly Payroll and updating employee records and codes as and when required
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Handle all statutory filing requirements including subsidiary companies
- Handle bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly management accounts including KPIs/Performance monitoring
- Process monthly owner/property manager statements and payments
- Handle budgeting and forecasting
- Handle credit control
- Undertake ad hoc scenario-planning exercises to support the growth of the business
- On-site parking
- Company pension
- 30 days paid holiday a year
- Dog-friendly office
- On-site gym
The ideal candidate will have a background in finance. You must have a sound understanding of basic accounting principles, and be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail. You will be able to display that you can handle confidential information in an appropriate manner. You will have strong analytical skills and be able to work independently, with minimum supervision.
The company is looking for a dedicated and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate the passion and commitment needed to drive the finance department. The successful candidate must have the ability to work to multiple deadlines and targets and have an excellent track record of meeting deadlines and working with efficiency and absolute accuracy.
- An accountancy qualification – AAT Level 3/equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in Xero would be highly beneficial
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, growing organisation and develop both your skills and responsibility within the role.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 8 December 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.