Location: Mixed Remote and in Office (North Lanarkshire)
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Contract Type: Part-time, Flexible (21 hours/week)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Closing Date: 20 September 2021, 12 noon
About the Company
Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire (VANL) is a major charitable organisation that provides support to community and voluntary organisations across the whole of North Lanarkshire. Their mission is to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of North Lanarkshire’s citizens by fostering dynamic, inclusive communities through promotion and support for volunteering and the development of the voluntary and community sector.
Read more about VANL’s vision and values HERE.
VANL is looking for an HR and Business Support Assistant to join their team.
Working hours and location will be flexible – with a mix of remote working from home (with ICT equipment and support provided) and in our office in North Lanarkshire (currently Airdrie).
One of the role’s main responsibilities will be playing a key role in VANL’s HR projects, providing applicants with an opportunity to gain valuable experience early on in their careers. Working in close partnership with the HR Manager and supported by Business Support colleagues and other key stakeholders, the successful candidate will be provided with constant opportunities to collaborate with the team at VANL. The input of fresh ideas will also always be welcome, so this work will provide the employee with the opportunity to have a real impact on the organisation.
Applicants will also be provided training in the use and management of VANL’s various HR and Business Support Systems.
Your key responsibilities will be to support the implementation of HR activity as set out in VANL’s HR work plan including:
- Drafting HR policies, procedures and templates for discussion and agreement.
- Supporting VANL’s transition to online HR admin
- Using online resources and liaising with VANL’s external HR advisors to secure appropriate advice and guidance
As with any dynamic organisation, it is likely that work reacting to changing circumstances will arise during the internship, therefore appropriate relevant duties may be assigned as agreed with the CEO.
You’ll have a creative flair with strong problem-solving skills and a commitment to, and understanding of, the mission and values of the community and voluntary sector.
What is most important is that you can demonstrate the following:
- That you have a commitment to improving the employer’s people management.
- You have a good working knowledge of human resource management and its application.
- You display a professional, positive and “can do” attitude with a willingness to reflect, learn and improve.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well with internal and external colleagues.
- The ability to use IT effectively to fulfil working responsibilities.
- The ability to plan and manage work well in order to deliver good-quality outputs on time.
- Excellent attention to detail
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 20 September 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.