Location: Dunoon, Argyll (with potential for hybrid working)
Salary: £25,000 + Benefits
Closing date: 22 September 2021, 12 noon
About the Company
“BC Technologies aims to be the friendly face of IT consultancy and support. With over 25 years’ experience, we strive to help our clients reach their full potential by providing creative solutions. Our diverse range of clients ensures projects are always interesting.
At BC Technologies we firmly believe that IT should be there to drive the success of your team and your business. For many small businesses, IT and cybersecurity can be a challenge and a distraction. BC technologies exists to support and advise businesses to get the best out of their IT.
As a small company, we are much more flexible and adaptable than our larger bureaucratic competitors. We strive to be innovative, dynamic, and adaptable. We work in a friendly and relaxed environment and the workload is always varied and interesting.”
Read more about BC Technologies on their website and see their company values HERE
BC technologies help smart, engaged university graduates who are keen to develop and grow within their organisation.
In your role, you will have plenty of room to make an impact and will have the opportunity to steer your skillset as you develop. You will work alongside BC’s IT Support Engineers in an office environment based in Dunoon. You will be providing help and support to a diverse client base across a range of IT issues. Successful IT Support Engineers keep up to date with the latest innovations and always have an eye out for fresh solutions to tricky problems.
You’ll work closely with a Line Manager, who will help you settle in and know where to focus. You’ll also work with teams across the organisation to create, test and improve the tech that underpins the company.
You will be part of a great dynamic (mainly) young team that all work together with the focus on increased knowledge development.
What you’ll learn at BC technologies:
- In-depth expertise in Microsoft, Cisco, Axis, Fortinet, Voip Telecommunications, Innovative and future tech developments, virtual platforms plus many more….
- The ongoing development of software and hardware methodologies, and how it all translates into the day to day at various organisations.
- Relevant industry knowledge.
- How to apply your existing skills in the commercial world.
- Professional skills development.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive graduate salary, with possible pay rises every 12 months to reflect your progress.
- You will be added to an annual bonus scheme, which will see bonuses paid out to the team based on the profit attained within the business each year.
- Ongoing training, support and social events.
- An opportunity to kickstart your career and gain valuable experience in an attractive and competitive industry.
- The ability to grow within BC Technologies and develop your skillset in the areas that most interest you.
BC Technologies like curiosity about how things work and might work better. Working with BC you will be helped to develop new skills and knowledge vital to both your professional development and the future of the company.
You should have at least a 2:1 degree in IT or Business Studies (or a related field). You should be able to demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- You can demonstrate a passion for IT and experience in a range of Microsoft applications.
- You’re analytical and good with numbers.
- You have strong skills in written and verbal communication.
- It’s a bonus if you already have experience working in teams in a collaborative environment.
- Open to working in the seaside town of Dunoon.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 22 September 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.