Salary: £20,000-£24,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract Type: Full-time or Part-time
Start Date: 1 November or sooner
Closing Date: 20 September 2021, 12 noon
About the Company
“Remade Network was established to build a ‘repair economy’ from the ground up.
We are a social enterprise promoting, training and campaigning for reuse and repair, selling refurbished tech, and distributing devices to people who need them.
This is a grassroots network of repair social enterprises creating jobs, tackling climate change and reducing inequality.”
Read more about the vision and values of Remade Network HERE.
Remade Network is looking for an IT repair technician to help repair computers, laptops and tablets. You will work across many projects carrying out repairs and refurbishments to our IT stock, assist customers with enquiries, keep excellent records, and work across all areas of the business operations. Some training will be available.
Some of the duties you will be expected to complete include:
- Carrying out the repair and refurbishment of computers and tablets (e.g. Replacing tablet screens)
- Troubleshooting problems and researching technical solutions
- Sourcing parts
- Explaining technical hardware and software repairs to customers in plain English
- Supporting volunteers in the workplace and at external events
- Keeping excellent records
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Contributing towards the overall sales of refurbished tech in the shop
The ideal candidate will be a highly organised, efficient and adaptable individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You should have strong problem-solving skills and be able to support and encourage others while prioritising your workload.
Alongside these skills you should also have experience with:
- Laptop repair and component replacement on a variety of makes including Macs.
- Extensive computer troubleshooting and hardware diagnostics.
- Basic computer networking and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, PXE Boot.
- Experience in an organisation (paid or voluntary) which demonstrates excellent communication and team-working skills
While not essential, it would also be beneficial if you have had: at least 2 years experience in a technical role, experience with switch mode power supply repairs, component level board repair, experience in a teaching environment or experience working in a customer-facing role.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 20 September 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.