Location: Old Viewforth, Stirling (Hybrid)
Salary: £26,181 per annum
Full-time, Permanent, Flexible working
Closing date: This role is now closed for applications
Seeking to let your passion for excellence and organisational prowess shine in an impactful role?
Why Stirling Council:
- Flexible working
- Wellgreen Parking Scheme
- Season Ticket loans on travel
- Cycle scheme
- Stirling Credit Union
- Local Authority Pensions Scheme
- Wellbeing Programme
- Car Lease Scheme
- Technology Purchase Scheme
- Range of local discounts
- 30 days Annual Leave plus 7 set Public holidays (Easter, May weekend, Christmas and New Year)
Here you’ll lead and provide comprehensive administrative support to Senior Management in a professional, effective and efficient manner.
You’ll tackle a diverse range of work in various environments, where no two days are the same.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Prioritise and co-ordinate personal workload and that of support officers to ensure tasks are delivered within required timescales
- Research, gather, collate and arrange appropriate distribution of information, and provide information before meetings or for other purposes
- Proactively manage and maintain electronic appointments diary
- Organise and maintain comprehensive tracking processes, including operating effective bring-forward systems
- Monitor email accounts, keeping abreast of issues, responding to emails where appropriate and highlighting urgent and/or outstanding issues
- Provide support in preparing presentations for talks, briefings to staff, conferences and external partners
- Provide support at meetings by preparing agendas, taking, transcribing and issuing minutes and following up appropriate actions
- Screen and filter all callers in person or by telephone and direct them appropriately ensuring that senior managers are adequately briefed
- Deal effectively with complaints, enquires and issues which arise in the absence of Senior Management
- Support Senior Management with budget monitoring
- Implement effective records management, storage and archiving of service correspondence, confidential reports and other documentation
- Undertake other appropriate duties as required to minimise the involvement of Senior Management in high-level administrative tasks
- Follow Council guidance to ensure Data Protection is observed for electronic and paper records
The post is mainly office-based, as attendance at meetings will be required at a variety of locations.
Stirling Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. Regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships, they want to hear from you!
If you have a high level of initiative and are confident organising and prioritising competing and conflicting demands, this role would be perfect for you.
Your resourcefulness and proactive approach will shine as you tackle day-to-day matters with initiative.
The essential requirements for this role include:
- a business administration qualification or significant relevant experience
- high competence in the use of computer software to produce accurate and attractively presented work. You will be using Office365 packages
- ability to engage with people at all levels of the Council and partner organisations
- excellent communications skills
- strong organisational and forward planning skills
- discretion and confidentiality
- approx. 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- experience as a team player
- experience in using social media as a business tool
- ability to work under pressure and meet timescales
- ability to deliver high standards of customer service at all times
About the Company
“Stirling Council is changing, just as Stirling is changing. We are transforming what we do and how we work so that we can meet the challenges and maximise the opportunities that lie ahead. Our vision of a Thriving Stirling is linked to our Strategic Goals, where everyone can be:
- Prosperous and be involved with an economy that promotes inclusive growth opportunities across our communities
- Healthy and live full and positive lives within supportive communities
- Achieving and where people are skilled and supported to make a positive contribution to communities
- Resilient and be part of safe and caring communities, within an attractive, safe and sustainable environment
At the very heart of this are our staff – our best ambassadors and our greatest asset. We are committed to developing our Council and our communities in a way that is solution focused and puts people at the heart of everything we do.”
Learn more about Stirling Council here.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is now closed for applications