Location: Glasgow (Hybrid)
Salary: £60,000 per annum
Full-time, Permanent, Flexible working options available
Closing date: This role is now closed for applications
Are you motivated to work on a disruptive new technology that will have a positive impact in sustainability?
Do you want to join an organisation revolutionising global industries through innovative AI solutions?
If so, read on and see if this is the role for you.
- Early equity sharing opportunities
- Flexible working options available
- Learn from and be mentored by an executive team with a combined 50 years’ experience in deep tech
- One day a month will be available for training (upskilling) or volunteering as decided by you
- Full support in your development through on-the- job learning
- A chance to make your mark in an early-stage organisation
- Be part of a forward-thinking environment that encourages creativity, collaboration, and personal growth
- Produce work that makes a tangible impact on the world
weeteq is seeking a dynamic individual to join its team and contribute to its groundbreaking work.
You will be responsible for the integration of embedded solutions within industrial motor applications and power drives.
In this role, you will:
- provide technical leadership
- play a key role in defining the future strategy for the deployment and adoption of intelligent embedded solutions in various applications including smart manufacturing, smart buildings and utilities
Your other responsibilities will include (but won’t be limited to):
- Working with the systems architects, thermal engineers and simulation software engineers to ensure a holistic approach to developing the system requirements is followed
- Undertaking innovative Engineering research focused primarily on technology and manufacturing readiness levels (TRL/MRL) 3+
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for technical innovation and intellectual property (IP) development
Innovation and collaboration are at the core of everything weeteq does. They encourage team members to think outside the box, challenge conventional wisdom and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The team works closely together, sharing knowledge, insights and expertise to solve complex challenges.
weeteq is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. Regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships, they want to hear from you!
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in power systems or PhD in relevant subject field
- Experience of design and development of control algorithms for digital control systems
- Knowledge of classical control theory, adaptive controls and state space modelling
- Experience of using the MATLAB / Simulink toolset and Embedded Coder for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within systems
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Ability to model complex, real-world electronic and mechanical systems such as feedback sensors, motors, drivetrains and drive electronics
- Experience in development of hardware-in-the-loop test and validation
- Ability to generate sub-system or component requirements from a set of customer requirements in support of system architecture development
- Understanding of product lifecycle (failure mechanisms & aging) for electric motor drives and components
- Strong experience in electrical and electronic engineering, with a focus on power electronics for high power motor control
- Experience of power device technologies and their characteristics and awareness of converter topologies applicable to motor drive applications
- Experience in designing high frequency analogue and digital circuitry from simulation to breadboard prototyping
- Experience in simulation, modelling and data analysis using modern engineering toolsets (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink, SPICE, Siemens Simcenter, COMSOL etc.)
- Experience in designing and testing power electronics hardware at any level from system down to PCB/device would be extremely valuable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task on several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites
About the Company
At weeteq we are developing innovative embedded technologies for industrial applications and introducing circuit level AI solutions that address digital transformation sustainability issues. including the overreliance on sensor and network infrastructure.
Learn more about weeteq here.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is now closed for applications.