Location: Rothamsted, Harpenden AL5
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum DOE (to be reviewed after 6 months, with funding being unlocked)
Full-time, Flexible 37.5 hours
6 months with the possibility of a permanent position (subject to funding availability)
Closing date: Tuesday 2 June 2021 12 Noon
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning startup at a crucial stage of growth. There is tremendous potential to grow within the role and the company (i.e. transition into a senior role) as BIO-F develops and establishes itself.
About the Company
BIO-F is an exciting new biotechnology company based at the Rothamsted Institute. They develop sustainable biological solutions to improve crop production, with a particular focus on nitrogen, and they are looking to recruit an Agricultural Research and Development Lead for the development of their first prototype through crop trials.
For more information about BIO-F and what makes them special, visit HERE.
As an Agricultural Research and Development Lead, your main objective is to contribute towards the development of BIO-F’s first prototype, by carrying out laboratory, greenhouse, and field trials.
This is an essential role to the success of BIO-F and the ideal candidate will show a level of personal investment to make this role a success, not only for themselves, but also for the company.
This is a unique opportunity for a proactive individual who is looking to become part of a growing company and is willing to create their own future. You will have the ability to work autonomously, whilst contributing towards the company’s common goals and successes, hence becoming a key member of the team. We expect you to quickly transition towards a more senior role within the company, with potential benefits including increased remuneration (with funding being unlocked thanks to the team’s efforts), options for equity and greater responsibilities, including management.
In this role you will:
- Effectively liaise with internal team members as well as external stakeholders,
- Design, implement and monitor experiments ensuring that the most effective methodologies are used,
- Contribute towards the alignment of research and product development goals,
- Ensure that correct procedures and health and safety guidelines are followed.
This role would suit someone with an agricultural background having knowledge of food crop production cycles and their management.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum: diligent and proactive graduate, with a relevant degree in Agricultural Sciences or similar,
- Practical experience with crop growth (arable, greens), either at farms and/or through crop research,
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with our target market (farming industry),
- Planning, organisational, prioritisation, and decision-making skills,
- Ability to always adhere to health and safety procedures,
- Manual dexterity for handling relevant and new equipment,
- Ability to think outside the box and lack of hesitation for solving problems,
- Strong attention to detail ensuring that work is consistently to a high standard.
- A qualification or work experience in microbiology, with biological laboratory skills including sterile techniques and analytical equipment,
- Knowledge of seed inoculation techniques,
- Knowledge of fertiliser regulations
- Be enthusiastic and passionate, actively keeping at the forefront of current and emerging technologies,
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and outlook, i.e. proactive, taking initiative and solving problems,
- Be independent, a fast learner with excellent attention to detail,
- Be professional with customers, mainly from the farming industry with the ability to demonstrate strong communication and teamwork skills,
- Confident, reliable, and forward-thinking, with a positive attitude to work,
- Flexible and willing to adapt.
BIO-F offers a flexible working policy, and their core values for employees are: inclusiveness, openness, growth mindset and supportive work environment, with a focus on the quality of work.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation, please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 2 June 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.