Location: Aberargie, Perth
Salary: Circa £25,000 p/a
Closing date: This role is now closed for applications
Interview date: 29/30 August
Hours of work will be 8.30 – 17.15 from Monday to Thursday and 8.30 – 13.00 on Fridays.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work and collaborate across all areas of this well-established business within an energetic, vibrant team.
Why Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers:
- The opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled and supportive team and develop your knowledge in many aspects of the spirits industry
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Access to ongoing training and learning opportunities
- Joining a positive, honest and enthusiastic working environment
- Being treated with respect and empowered to effectively achieve objectives and goals within your role
About the Company
“Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers is a family-owned Independent Bottling and Distilling business.
It all began during the 19th century when we started out as grocers. Since then, there have been over five generations of the Morrison family involved in the whisky business including grocers, brokers, blenders, bottlers and distillers, making them one of Scotland’s oldest whisky families.
We are based in Aberargie, on the outskirts of Perth, Scotland, just on the edge of the Lowlands whisky region border, on our 300-acre barley farm.
In 2017, we began distilling Aberargie Single Malt Whisky, but it will be some years before its first release. In the meantime, we are known to be a trusted Independent Bottler with an exciting portfolio of whisky brands.
We are a family here at Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers. Although we may not all be blood relations, everyone in our team has the same values which lie at the core of the Morrison family: Integrity, Patience and Intuition.
Our team live and breathe whisky.”
Learn more about Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers here.
Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers is seeking a personable and inquisitive individual to become an integral part of their team as a Supply Chain Coordinator.
In this multifaceted role, you would be responsible for delivering all of the administrative aspects of the supply chain and customer services, from order receipts to stock allocation, production, dispatch, shipping arrangements, documentation generation and any post-shipment issues that may arise.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, this role works interdependently with the whole team across all business areas.
The main responsibilities of the role are outlined below:
- Assisting in the establishment of effective procedures and implementing all supply chain activity for designated markets
- Assisting in establishing effective procedures and implementing all bulk customer transactions
- Timely processing and swift execution of sample orders and preparing relevant despatch documentation, ensuring the most cost-effective means of transport in line with delivery requirements
- Coordinating all cask movements, inwards and outwards, order processing, stock system entry and completion of EMCS (Excise Movement and Control System)
- Coordinating all UK and International Transportation ensuring all aspects of security, insurance, and movement guarantee usage is in line with company protocols
- Generating the appropriate Customs entry documentation in line with HMRC requirements for the movement of goods in duty suspension
- Preparing final export shipping documentation in line with market requirements
- Assist production with system inputs to ensure that stock entries are up to date and physical stock reconciles with the system
- General office admin tasks
This job description guides the accountabilities associated with the Supply Chain Coordinator role; additional or alternative tasks within the jobholder’s capability may be required from time to time.
Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers are looking for a creative, dynamic professional early in their career, who enjoys giving customers the best possible experience. Personality is key.
The company is seeking someone who’s wholeheartedly ready to adapt to their warm, friendly company culture and embrace their way of doing things.
No specific professional or educational background is required.
The essential requirements for any applicants are listed below:
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and move quickly to action
- Excellent customer service skills and the willingness to consistently provide the very best service to our customers
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work interdependently with colleagues in every department
- Interpersonal skills, self-awareness, tact, and the ability to engage and influence people
- Driven and self-motivated
- Confident and proactive
The following experience and knowledge would be beneficial to your application but is not essential:
- Drinks industry experience
- Knowledge of UK Excise regimes, HMRC compliance and post-Brexit shipping regulations
- Knowledge of and experience in using ERP systems and other IT skills, including Tropos, E-Customs systems and GTA
- Knowledge in all areas of Import and Export and International Trade regulations.
Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. Regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships, your application is welcome.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
This role is now closed for applications.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
In your Cover Letter, state A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the title format of “[Your full name] CV” and “[Your full name] CL”.