Location: Glasgow (remote working will develop into a flexible hybrid approach)
£27,500 – £37,500 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time (37.5 hours), Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 19 May 2021, 12 noon
About the Company
“We are an ambitious and growing company of 12 people operating from offices in Glasgow. We specialise entirely in the delivery of solutions and services for the Atlassian software suite (e.g. Jira, Confluence). As the only Atlassian Solution Partner in Scotland, we are seeing increased demand to deliver our services to local businesses. These include:
- the design and delivery of Atlassian software solutions to meet client needs
- the development of new Marketplace apps for Jira and Confluence
- training and support for end-users and administrators
- managed services – the delivery and support of managed hosting solutions
Our client base is wide and varied across both the private and public sectors. Current clients include the Scottish Government, Student Loans Company, Kantar Global, Social Security Scotland, Mary’s Meals, and the University of Dundee.
Our values are really important at New Verve and ultimately show our people, customers, and partners what we’re all about and what we value as a collective.
• Collaborate as one diverse team
• Earn trust with transparency
• Keep an open mind
• Innovate to fuel the future
As a small company, we are much more flexible and adaptable than our larger bureaucratic competitors. We strive to be innovative, dynamic, and adaptable. We work in a friendly and relaxed environment and the workload is always varied and interesting.
You will broaden your skillset in a short amount of time!
Some of the things that we do differently as a business are:
- we prioritise employee wellbeing and provide an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to everyone.
- we recognize top performers and actively seek to promote people to more senior roles.
- we have established a regular calendar of team events (albeit remote due to COVID-19) with mid-week socials, ‘beer’ Fridays, and quarterly events.
- we have established a knowledge-sharing framework, with bi-monthly town halls, monthly newsletters, weekly knowledge-sharing workshops, and a range of ecosystem events throughout the year.
- we formalised a flexible working policy and people may work from home whenever they like.
- We formally published a transparent pay framework to ensure that pay conversations become much more objective and open.”
Learn more about what makes New Verve Consulting a great place to work here.
New Verve Consulting requires a full-time Technical Consultant to join their products team.
As a Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and customisation of Atlassian solutions for their clients within agreed delivery schedules.
Your responsibilities cover the following:
- Analysis and requirements gathering;
- Provision of design documents and functional specifications;
- Installation, configuration, and customisation of Atlassian applications and apps from the Atlassian Marketplace;
- Development of solutions for Atlassian Cloud using the Atlassian Connect and Forge frameworks;
- Scripted automations and integrations using Groovy;
- Administration and support of Atlassian applications within agreed client SLAs;
- Maintenance of up to date internal documentation for customer projects and internal knowledge sharing;
- Training end-users and administrators;
- Contributing to blog articles and other documentation.
- You will gain expertise in using and configuring cutting-edge Atlassian tools, now used by over 180,000 companies worldwide.
- We provide plenty of enablement opportunities via role-based continuous learning, industry-recognised certification paths, internal knowledge-sharing workshops, and pair programming sessions.
- Occasional travel within the UK and Europe may be required in the future.
In return for your hard work, New Verve aims to maintain fair baseline pay in comparison to other Scottish businesses in the private sector of similar size. Profitability is a key driver to compensation as a small business, and it aims to reward exceptional effort and results.
Other benefits include:
- Generous holiday package of 33 days per year (23 days + 10 bank holidays)
- An additional half-day holiday for your birthday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Access to Health Assured, an employee assistance programme
- Quarterly team events (past events have included golf, archery, and hiking up Dumgoyne)
- Office fruit bowl
- A beer (or soft drink) every Friday afternoon!
You should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. You should be able to demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- Experience using Atlassian applications (Jira as a minimum);
- Strong understanding of Jira concepts such as dashboards, Agile/Scrum boards, workflows, issue types, fields, and screens;
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
An awareness and/or a basic understanding of the following would be beneficial:
- IT Service Management principles and frameworks such as ITIL;
- Agile project management and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban);
- serverless computing platforms and technology (e.g. AWS);
- Software version control systems (e.g. Git);
New Verve would expect you to be:
- have a passion for solution building;
- be an effective problem solver with strong analytical skills;
- be able to work autonomously with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment;
- be an effective collaborator and team player with strong writing and communication skills;
- be open to change, learning skills quickly when facing new challenges;
- proactively seek to self-improve and develop your skills;
- think ahead to foresee and prevent potential issues;
- be passionate about helping and inspiring clients and teammates alike.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19 May 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated. Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.