£22,000-£25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time (37.5 hours), Permanent
Closing date: 14 July 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
"We are an ambitious and growing company of 13 people operating from offices in Glasgow. We specialise entirely in the delivery of solutions and services for the Atlassian software suite (e.g. Jira, Confluence).
As the only Atlassian Solution Partner in Scotland, we are seeing increased demand to deliver our services to local businesses. These include:
• the design and delivery of Atlassian software solutions to meet client needs
• the development of new Marketplace apps for Jira and Confluence
• training and support for end-users and administrators
• managed services - the delivery and support of managed hosting solutions
Our client base is wide and varied across both private and public sectors. Current clients include the Scottish Government, Student Loans Company, and Kantar Global.
Our values are really important at New Verve and ultimately show our people, customers, and partners what we're all about and what we value as a collective.
• Collaborate as one diverse team
• Earn trust with transparency
• Keep an open mind
• Innovate to fuel the future
As a small company, we are much more flexible and adaptable than our larger bureaucratic competitors. We strive to be innovative, dynamic, and adaptable. We work in a friendly and relaxed environment and the workload is always varied and interesting. You will definitely broaden your skill- set in a short amount of time!"
Learn more about New Verve here.
New Verve is in need of a full-time Junior Developer to join their Products Team.
Working with cutting-edge serverless technology, you will help build solutions for Atlassian products such as Jira that enable customers to work more effectively together.
• work with a small team in a start-up environment that loves to experiment, learn, and evolve
• be heavily involved across the entire lifecycle of product development, from idea to development to test and release
• gain experience in the Serverless Framework, using Node.js and AWS Lambda
• gain experience in using cutting-edge Atlassian tools, now used by over 500,000 organisations worldwide
This role may require remote working due to COVID-19; specific working arrangements are flexible and can be discussed at a later time.
In return for your hard work the company offer a range of benefits such as:
• Generous holiday package of 33 days per year (23 days + 10 bank holidays)
• An additional half-day holiday for your birthday
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Access to Health Assured, an employee assistance programme
• Quarterly team events (past events have included golf, archery, and hiking up Dumgoyne)
• Office fruit bowl
• A beer (or soft drink) every Friday afternoon!
You should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. You should be able to demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
• You must have experience building web applications and working with APIs
• You must be proficient in at least one object-oriented language (e.g. Java)
• You must have proven debugging and troubleshooting skills
• You must have a love of clean, maintainable code
You must also have awareness and/or a basic understanding of:
• version control using Git
• database concepts (SQL and NoSQL)
• unit-testing methodologies
• agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• serverless computing platforms and technology (e.g. AWS)
New Verve would expect you to be:
• able to work autonomously with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
• committed to self-development and learning ‘on-the-job’
• proactive and think ahead to foresee and prevent potential issues
• open to change, learning skills quickly when facing new problems
• a strong communicator
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 14 July 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.