Full time for 1 year (potential for permanent)
£20,000 per annum
Closing date: 25 March 2020, 12 noon
*Pisys may interview early applicants to avoid missing out on seeing people who seem a great fit, so don't delay in responding.
About the Company
“Pisys are passionate about improving safety and effectiveness.
We've grown from a background in offshore subsea inspection to be a leading Scottish software development company specialising in the creation and delivery of technology products which help companies of all sizes manage their critical operations more safely and effectively.
Our experience of technology development for the most hostile environments on the planet has placed us in a unique position to assist companies who require effective solutions to complex problems in any industry.”
Read more about Pisys here: http://www.pisys.co.uk
Pisys is looking for an enthusiastic individual who will join them as a Software Tester. The team form a supportive environment which would enable the successful applicant to grow in the role to their full potential.
The duties of the role are varied and will fall into the following categories of work:
• Analyse test requirements, design and build case suites, test scripts, and test procedures, with expected results
• Carry out manual testing of software patches, major releases and Agile development projects, participating in full life cycle Agile development
• Execute manual test plans and analyse and report test results to stakeholders
• Test desktop and web applications
• Provide principal testers and project managers with time estimates and deliver to these agreed timescales.
• Work closely with other testers and developers
Attitude and skills are equally important for the team at Pisys. Competency can be improved through learning and practice, but they can work with a great attitude from day one! If you have an understanding of software development and have some experience of testing, the team can take it from there.
They are looking for an individual with a calm temperament, a willingness to ask the stupid questions and a desire for responsibility and challenge. An interest in coffee, conspiracy theories, box sets and music is optional.
You may apply regardless of your academic background as long as you have relevant experience and can demonstrate that you have achieved or are working toward the following criteria.
• Organised, meticulous and systematic with close attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to colleagues
• Willing and able to develop knowledge of the wider area of work
• Able to deal effectively with unexpected situations, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming problems
• Good time management skills and ability to meet targets and fulfil agreements
• Problem-Solving & Judgement - Ensures full awareness of available facts before making decisions
• Teamwork - Works cooperatively and supportively with other members of immediate team
• Delivers Results - Ensures own role continues to add value to the business
• Business Awareness - Understands the business needs and priorities and constantly sees methods of ensuring delivery
• Creativity - Creates an environment that encourages creativity and new practices
• Develop Self & Others - Recognises the need to refresh knowledge and skills to ensure they are relevant for tomorrow's challenges
• Decision Making - Makes informed decisions which deal effectively with issues based on thorough analysis
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 25 March 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.