£9.30 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
Start date: March 2020
Closing date: 14 February 2020
Diversity Works is a Scottish Government funded project aimed at supporting the development of inclusive practice in recruitment and employment of women from black and ethnic minority communities across the country. This vacancy is an important part of the Diversity Works project, as it will demonstrate the journey of women participating in it through the recruitment process from start to finish.
About the Company
"From Edinburgh, London and The Hague our Investment professionals manage £37.4 billion* on behalf of UK and international clients, including pension funds, financial institutions, charities, wealth managers, family offices and individuals. We have capabilities in fixed income, equities, property, cash and multi-asset investing and invest to meet a range of client objectives, including growth, income, total return and absolute return. We are also a global leader in sustainable investing.
People are fundamental to the success of Kames Capital. By promoting individual accountability and strong teamwork, we are able to give all of our people the freedom to get on with doing what they do best, whether the individual’s function is financial, technical or creative."
More company information can be found here: www.kamescapital.com
Kames Capital is looking for an Administrator who will support one of Kames Capital's Investment Teams based at their Edinburgh Park offices.
The main tasks and activities of the role are as follows:
• Managing travel arrangements for overseas and domestic travel. Arranging visas where appropriate.
• Ensuring effective organisation by reviewing & prioritising incoming communications (calls, correspondence and emails) and follow up as required.
• Organisation and coordination of meetings, including oversight of equipment and facilities, as well as distribution/collation of relevant papers. Uploading meeting minutes and research notes on Factset.
• Setting up conference and Skype video calls.
• Preparing reports, presentations and schedules as required using appropriate tools.
• Minute taking. Ensure meeting papers are copied and distributed within agreed timescales.
• Preparation of personal expenses for team members
• Preparation of invoices for processing and maintenance of spreadsheet on progress.
• Managing & controlling the filing System.
• Retrieving information from throughout the organisation as required.
• Providing cover as required for the other Investment Management department administrators.
• Mail distribution for the team.
This is a full-time role, and you will work for 35 hours per week. There is flexibility in relation to the working pattern. This role is a fixed-term contract and will run for 6 months.
While there are no formal qualification requirements Kames would expect the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the following:
• Previous experience in secretarial / administration positions, preferably (but not essential) in an investment/financial environment.
• As this position involves extensive interaction with both internal and external clients, excellent communication, team & interpersonal skills, with proven ability to interact professionally with people at all levels.
• Confidence, self-assurance, assertiveness and a friendly attitude.
• A high level of competence of appropriate word processing and presentation software - Word, Excel and Power Point
As part of the Scottish Government’s Workplace Equality agenda, this opportunity is aimed at empowering growing companies through the engagement of talented women from a BME background. If this role speaks to you, apply now!
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 14 February 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.