£6.95 p/hr plus 10% uncapped commission*
Full-time, for 12 months
Closing date: 1 December 2016, noon
About the Company
"Professional, Honest, and Client-Focused Solution"
Regent Lettings provide a flexible, innovative, and efficient service for residential landlords. Our focus is letting and managing property across London with a particular focus on regions where rental demands are strong. We pride ourselves in securing tenants quickly and keeping landlords informed at all times. Management is at the forefront of what we do and where we excel, it is often over looked, it’s what we are good at and a vital part of the letting process. We are constantly developing our service to keep up with market demands and the competition. We make sure property is generating maximum income and tenants are professionally managed. We cover:
• Property Management
• Online client accounts
• Exit sales and letting valuations
• Furniture solutions via Red Door Furnishings
• Introductions to third party advisers
• Access to the best trade professionals
• Regular marketing Seminars and Overseas presentations
More information can be found at our website.
The role of Lettings Negotiator is to deliver an efficient and effective Lettings service to Regent clients, ensuring Lettings targets are met and the business complies with legislative requirements needed for the maintenance, running and upkeep of premises. Within this role you will have full accountably and management responsibility of your lettings services, ensuring that you generate new business/chase up leads and meet targets as directed by your line manager and within the parameters of Regent's processes at all times.
Reporting to the Residential Director, your duties will include the following:
• Work with the rest of the business to achieve best results across Regent
• Undertake visits, viewings, call outs and appointments in accordance to the ‘Regent Way’
• Manage and maintain credit card deposit payments, whilst ensure all monies are received
• Work in conjunction with the Property Coordinator to deliver an effective and efficient Property Management service
• To ensure sales targets are met, good working practices are maintained, viewings are carried out to high standards and relevant issues dealt with
• Ensure out of hours contacts and key - holders are maintained and reviewed as appropriate where required by your line manager
• Ensure you are contactable out of hours in case of emergency
• Ensure procedures are carried out and recorded according to the ‘Regent Way’ and legislation
• To be able to work alone and on own initiative as well as within a team
• To be able to think on your feet, be reactive to situations as they arise in a calm and professional manner
• Conduct valuations whilst working in line with business policies and procedures
• Undertake regular meetings with your line manager to review and manage offers, valuations and leads
• Support and sell services Regent offer to meet targets as set by your line manager
• Produce and deliver business reports as directed by your line manager
(*)The role includes 10% commission so although the basic is minimum wage the commission is uncapped so there is a huge potential with the role – our most recent junior who’s been with us 4 months now is averaging £950 a month commission before tax. He is a very strong negotiator but had no experience before coming on board with us, and demonstrates the potential within the role to increase the salary. We will also offer a £2k increase on salary if the successful candidate completes their NFOPP exams within 6 months (and a £1k increase if it takes them between 6 and 12 months).
We need a person who understands the necessity of professionalism in a business environment and is therefore reliable and presentable. You must be well motivated and willing to learn quickly, so as to understand and deliver our services effectively. Customer focused and with a can-do attitude, you will have great communications skills as dealing with people is the core function of the role. You will be confident in defining priorities and organising yourself so you can deliver them.
Your written communication and presentation skills must be of a high standard and the accurate and timely production of management information and reports will be something that you can deliver. It is important to have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team, bringing cooperation and supportiveness alongside self-motivation and clear decision making abilities to your work people inside and outside of Regent.
Some work outside of office hours will be required when it is necessary. You should be able to demonstrate some experience of sales expertise, an understanding of the residential property market and basic IT literacy.
Closing date for applications is 1 December 2016, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.