£9.30 per hour
Full-time for 3 months or Part-time for 6 months*
(potential for permanent)
Start date: 9 November 2020
Closing date: 29 October 2020, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 2 November 2020
*Part-time available for the right candidate if they need flexibility to suit around any caring / health responsibilities / language classes / other
Diverse teams do better business...
AAI firmly believes that people from all backgrounds have a positive role to play in the workplace, and that diverse teams make better business decisions. This position is part of a project designed to promote working opportunities to the widest variety of candidates possible. As such we encourage you to apply regardless of your background, and especially so if you identify as part of a group that is under-represented in the workplace.
About the Company
“BeYonder is a profit-for-purpose, living wage employer. BeYonder Textile specialises in small batch, prototyping, and bespoke manufacturing for independent designers, retailers and other end users of high-quality fabric goods and clothing.
At BeYonder, we have always used a 4Ps approach to business. We are for people & the planet to create prosperity through purpose both locally & globally. We have now adopted to 5Ps as it is our aim, through our modelling, to work toward Parity globally.
We have a global mindset and use our business as a tool to create roles and opportunities where we can draw out values, talent, skills and ambition and work in alignment with each team member for us all to work for the core values of BeYonder.
We empower open innovation not only for our clients, but for our team also to work on in house design where they get full credit – it is the opposite of fast fashion.”
You can find out more about BeYonder here.
BeYonder is looking for a Manufacturing Coordinator to support the profitability & day to day manufacturing operations within their team.
BeYonder is working toward this part of the business being employee owned in the future, which will allow the successful applicant to really be involved in the development of the future of the role and its context.
Working with this supportive and nurturing team, your main responsibilities will include the following:
• Work directly with senior technicians on day to day running of manufacture hub
• Plan daily, weekly monthly workflow in advance
• Prioritise & make adjustments to workflow to meet specified deadlines
• Update client journey trackers and plan forward for both local & overseas manufacture
• Develop cost plans for current and outsource manufacture needs specific to identified clients
• Analyse current workflow and optimise revenue
• Support development of full team strategy & skills sessions in alignment with all other team members to ensure culture, diversity & openness is consistent in day to day operations including working with clients
• Develop and enhance current manufacture work plan for in house and outsource
• Look at where skills and expertise held by individual (identified through self / others) is shared for shared culture learning experiences
• Be an active encourager of others whilst sharing user-led experiences to break down perceived barriers
• Explore career & personal goals so that Team BeYonder can work in alignment to support the coordinator to achieve these
This role would suit an individual with a relevant degree to this work or with equivalent work experience. You will have a collaborative attitude to working with the team.
You may apply whatever your academic background, so long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job. A background in manufacturing, textile engineering would be useful.
• Running & associated skill set required for factory production
• Operational and financial skills relating to managing client & business requirements
• Understanding of materials and their origins & uses
• Procurement skills & experience of overseas manufacturing / factories
•The willingness and openness to work in a diverse team where culture is core
• Workflow planning / scheduling experience
• IT skills – solid experience with Excel Spreadsheets
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly organised with core time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
• Flexible, adaptable with a positive mindset
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 29 October 2020, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held week commencing 2 November 2020.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.