£8.75 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
Closing date: 19 June 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
Stirling Council's area lies at the very heart of Scotland. It covers 220,000 hectares from Tyndrum and Crianlarich in the southern highlands to the villages of Killearn and Strathblane in the south west and the former mining villages of Plean, Fallin, and Cowie in the east. The 83,000 population splits 50:50 urban to rural, with the urban population centering around Stirling, Dunblane, and Bridge of Allan.
There has been a review of Public Transport in Rural areas incorporating data analysis and extensive research completed. This research indicated that residents were not aware of current services on offer or found them difficult to understand and access.
The Council wish to recruit a passionate and motivated graduate to join them to carry out a review of current Public Transport marketing and communications, identify and then implement improvements to the way our services are communicated. Part of this work will include a re-brand of our Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) Service.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Create clear and concise design briefs and work with a graphic designer to deliver the required graphics and materials requires for the project
• Work with individual communities to support targeted marketing activity in their area in relation to Public Transport and ensure alignment with Stirling Council brand guidelines
• Create and implement a communications and engagement strategy to deliver the project
• Work closely with key partners to develop and deliver collaborative marketing campaigns and promotional activity to establish a strong, uniform approach to branding and messaging for Public Transport in the Stirling Council area
• Create new content for the website, working with the team to ensure it is regularly updated with high quality, relevant, and engaging content
• Work closely with partners and communities to draw out and promote success stories which support the message of Stirling’s transport links
• Develop strong relationships with local, national, and international publications to increase media coverage of new developments or pilots to promote to the transport industry
• Manage social media channels and delivering creative campaigns
• Ensure that the approach to delivering campaigns and use of materials is something that is set up in a way to be managed in-house going forwards
• Support the drive for transformational change internally and externally to the Public Transport Service within the Council, promoting a culture of continuous improvement in the way we deal with our residents, businesses, and stakeholders as well as our internal colleagues. Promote collaborative working and the development of an organisational culture that supports responsibility to citizens the Council serves. This will include working beyond and across specific reporting lines.
• Engage with service users, communities and partners with an open and outward-facing approach supporting community-led initiatives where appropriate
• Carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety regulations and legislation, Data protection legislation, Diversity, Customer Service and any local agreements
• Undertake any other duties as may be necessary from time to time, compatible with the nature of the post. It should be noted that the list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post.
The ideal candidate will be a strong creative thinker with a solid understanding of online marketing and promotion and is fluent on social media platforms. The successful candidate should also be educated to degree level in events, marketing, or relevant business discipline.
Demonstrating that you meet the following criteria is essential:
• Possess a passion for marketing, branding, events, and making a positive impact on the world through their work
• Possess good IT and administrative skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong organisational skills with an attention to detail and the ability to deliver
• A collaborative and inclusive approach to working with internal and external stakeholders in the organisation
• An ability to work autonomously in an effective and efficient manner
• Capable of working within a fast-paced environment and have the ability to problem-solve quickly
• A professional, discreet, and politically aware knowledge of both local and national government
The following skills and experiences would be looked on favourably:
• Previous experience of devising and implementing marketing campaigns traditionally and online using various social media channels
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of graphic design
• An interest in the challenges facing local authorities and communities in particular rural communities in the provision of Public Transport Services and the landscape of policy and service provision
• A valid driving license is desirable, although not essential
Closing date for applications is 19 June 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.