Location: Roslin, Midlothian
£22,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience*)
Part-time for 12 months (with potential for permanent)
Closing date: 24 February 2020, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 9 March 2020
This is a unique opportunity to join an ethical startup at an exciting stage of growth, with huge potential to grow personally and professionally with the company.
- The AAI Team
About the Company
“The East Africa Sisal Company Ltd (TEASC) is an ethical and innovative startup that uses sisal, a sustainable fibre crop to develop novel materials. The company was founded by John Ferguson in 2013, after having spent several years working with small-scale farmers in East Africa.
TEASC now buys sisal from East Africa, empowering local farmers to trade their way out of poverty by having access to markets and selling their produce for a fair price. The sisal is then processed into strong but biodegradable fabrics for a variety of environmental applications.
After several years of research and development, the company is about to launch its product offering, Sisaltech, an all-natural, ethical and sustainable insulation material for housing construction. The company’s current focus is the delivery Sisaltech to clients across the world after officially launching at FutureBuild 2020.
TEASC has enjoyed tremendous growth in the last four years, complemented by a win at Scottish EDGE Round 15 in December 2019 and is currently based in the Midlothian Innovation Centre, Roslin.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a hungry, ambitious person who wants to join TEASC in a hybrid role covering marketing, business development and nurturing client relationships and partnerships.
You will be responsible for daily marketing and sales outreach operations including, social media content and client management.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Identifying and nurturing client partnership opportunities
• Contacting clients and prospective clients by phone and email
• Marketing campaign support and delivery - online and offline
• Coordinating social media content
• Social media channel management
• Conducting industry/market research
• Attending relevant events for networking and business purposes
• Preparing proposals, reports, presentations and correspondence as needed
• Brainstorming new, creative approaches to business growth
As with any startup position, there will also be ad hoc administrative and operational responsibilities as the business grows.
TEASC are keen to welcome applications from people of all levels and flexible working and fair compensation will be afforded for the right experience and enthusiasm for this role.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join the company at an exciting stage of growth. You will be a key member of the team going forward and will be able to grow in the role and develop yourself personally and professionally and a review of responsibilities and salary is expected after an initial 3-month probationary period.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing and organised individual, capable of managing their own time and workload in a busy, but supportive team. You should have knowledge of building construction and sustainability.
This role would suit someone with a real willingness to grow and learn in the post. You must be able to demonstrate strong digital marketing skills and that you are well versed in the use of social media and online media channels as marketing tools.
There will be a sales/client relationship development element to this role, so candidates who are presentable, personable and confident on the phone and in person, with excellent written and oral English, would be preferable.
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
• The ability to learn quickly and a can-do attitude
• A positive mindset and readiness to work hard
• A proven track record of achieving goals & targets
• Interest/Experience in sustainability
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage own workload
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
• Experience with construction and building materials
Desirable skills and experience required for this role:
• Experience in B2B sales
• Strong working knowledge of sales strategy and building and managing client relationships
• Experience implementing and managing CRM systems
• Driving licence
Apply for this opportunity if:
• You’re ambitious. Working in a rapidly growing startup there will be opportunities to prove yourself indispensable and move up the ranks
• You are a creative out-the-box thinker
• You believe in collaboration and building relationships
You may apply for this role regardless of your academic background, so long as you can demonstrate in your covering letter that you are a passionate self-starter, ready to embrace opportunity and make an impact in this dynamic young company. Experience in Construction, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service or Business Studies would be advantageous.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 24 February 2020, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on week commencing Monday 9 March 2020.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.