£20-23,000 per year dependant on experience
Closing date: 24 November 2016, noon
About the Company
Edinburgh Business School (EBS) at Heriot-Watt University is one of the world’s largest providers of postgraduate business education, with more than 11,400 active students and 19,800 graduates in over 165 countries. The School delivers management education for tomorrow’s business leaders for tomorrow’s markets; delivered in a way that is accessible, flexible, specialist and international. The flagship programme of the School is the MBA programme, delivered to business professionals on-campus; in the UK, Dubai and Malaysia, online and through a network of academic partners all over the world.
More information can be found at the EBS website http://www.ebsglobal.net
Edinburgh Business School is a charity registered in Scotland (SCO26900)
EBS are keen to bring on board an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Marketing Executive to increase engagement with stakeholders across their various audiences.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Executive will play a critical role in the EBS Marketing team and will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and other EBS colleagues to implement our marketing communications strategy. The role holder will write email copy and proactively engage with our prospects, students and alumni across our global markets. This is a “hands-on” marketing role which will help EBS compete effectively in an increasingly busy global marketplace.
In this role your key duties and responsibilities will be:
• Respond to and engage with prospects, students and alumni who interact with EBS online via our website, by email or through social media.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to engage with potential students across the web, on blogs and forums etc.
• Write and build engaging emails using the School’s CRM system MS Dynamics, track and monitor all campaigns and report on metrics and success
• Data mine our propriety database EBS Global to create targeted audience data sets for EBS marketing campaigns
• Track and monitor all campaigns and report on metrics and success
• Through engaging our audiences and analysing results, discover what motivates and engages our audiences and feedback insights into the marketing communications strategy
• Liaise with our PR consultant to assist in delivering our offline communications strategy in Malaysia and Dubai and other critical markets
• Assist with organising online or offline Marketing events for EBS
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with an academic background in marketing or a related discipline. You should be a creative individual with some experience in brand development.
You must be technology and social media savvy, confident to work independently on your own initiative and demonstrate high levels of personal organisation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also essential.
You should be able to demonstrate attention to detail and analytical skills that enable you to gather and disseminate information in appropriate formats and styles for a variety of audiences, including preparing concise reports for management to inform future activity
This role is ideal for an individual with fresh ideas about tapping into and profiting from new markets, someone who can think out of the box and who is a self-starter.
For a full person and job description please download the accompanying PDF file here.
Closing date for applications is 24 November 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.