£18,000-19,000 per annum dependent on experience
Closing date: 4 May 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
TechWorks, formerly NMI, is a new type of industry association at the core of the UK deep tech community with an ambition to harness UK's fantastic engineering and innovation to develop its position as a global technology super-power. TechWorks has established a novel membership model based around a series of Connected Communities each of which serves members' interest whilst at the same time remaining connected to a wider ecosystem enabling cross-domain connections and work towards common challenges.
TechWorks operates to serve members and industry in a number of ways:
1) Creating dynamic and connected technical and business communities to empower innovation and collaboration, supporting business growth and investment
2) Identifying the critical common challenges and leading responses to tackle them
3) Developing the UK tech ecosystem and partnerships across industry, academia and government to ensure the UK is amongst the best location globally to start, build, and scale a Deep Tech organisation
TechWorks is seeking to appoint a positive, creative, and enthusiastic Marketing Executive who has a passion for working across a broad range of marketing aspects, to assist with key communications and branding projects which support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
The main purpose of this role is to support the marketing team in the creation, development and delivery of regular communications, social media and campaign activity.
This is very much a multi-faceted role and the successful candidate will be supporting the marketing team across a variety of sectors to build and maintain a strong online presence for the TechWorks brand.
In this role you will be expected to be involved at all levels of marketing and administration. This includes drafting copy, liaising with marketing and media agencies, and developing our social media portals. Tasks will include:
• Managing and creation of content for social media pages, website, blog, and email campaigns
• Updating websites
• Preparing promotional material specific to each source market in support of the team
• Assisting with event management
• Use of multiple marketing channels
• Active & effective participation in cross functional projects
• Working flexibly and effectively making sure that team and business objectives are met
The ideal graduate will have a background in marketing or business administration and be looking to start a career in event management or sales and marketing. You will be professional in manner, outgoing, adaptable, and a great relationship builder.
The following skills are highly desirable:
• Strong command of the English language both written and spoken
• Sound understanding of marketing principles
• Ability to contribute to improving processes and communications for internal and external audiences
• Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office
• Strong administration and organisational skills with high attention to detail
• Experience using Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop is desirable, but is not essential
• Strong team player, but also able to be responsible for independent work
A can-do attitude is expected, as being part of a small team all TechWorks staff members maintain high levels of flexibility in their jobs and are often required to work outside of normal roles or personal comfort zones as required by organisational priorities.
Closing date for applications is 4 May 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.