£22,432 per annum
Full-time, permanent, 35 hours per week*
Closing date: 3 February 2020, 5pm
Interviews will be held in Edinburgh on Tuesday 11 February 2020
This is a great opportunity to put your organisational skills into action in one of AAI's favorite employers and one of Scotland's great institutions. If you love making brilliant events happen from behind the scenes then this role could be just right for you.
-The AAI Team
About the Company
The Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE), Scotland’s National Academy is an educational charity, registered in Scotland, operating on a wholly independent and non-party-political basis and providing public benefit throughout Scotland. We were established in 1783 and since then have drawn upon the considerable strengths and varied expertise of our Fellows, of which there are currently around 1600, who are based in Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond.
Unlike similar organisations in the rest of the UK, our Fellowship includes people from a wide range of disciplines - science & technology, arts, humanities, social science, business and public service. This breadth of expertise makes us unique in the UK. The time which our Fellows spend in supporting and enabling the delivery of our activities is an exceptional free resource, the annual public value of which is in excess of £1 million.
Read more about RSE here.
RSE are currently looking to recruit a new Membership Officer to join our team, to support the Fellowship and Young Academy Manager in the delivery of a creative programme of activities to engage and build long-term relationships with the RSE Fellowship.
The key tasks involved in the role are as follows:
• To coordinate the organisation and delivery of a programme of engagement events and activities for the RSE Fellowship
• To create and coordinate event budgets for approval
• To produce targeted written materials and communications, ensuring consistency of RSE brand
• To provide administrative support for the election of new RSE Fellows
• To maintain accurate records in the RSE’s database in relation to the Fellowship
• To represent the RSE at external events
• To undertake other administrative tasks and duties for the Fellowship, and support other areas where appropriate
A full version of the Job Description can be found here.
The successful candidate will be offered membership of the Group Pension Plan with AVIVA:
* A pilot flexible working system is currently being used so there will be flexibility to work the 35 hours between 0830 and 1930 across the contracted days. There will be occasional work required out-with the flexi-periods.
The successful candidate will have experience of planning and delivering events; demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to strict deadlines; and excellent written and oral communications skills with previous experience with a customer-facing role. They will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, will be able to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be comfortable and confident using IT, in particular, Excel, and preferably have some experience of using CRM systems.
• Experience of planning and delivering events
• Good communication skills, both oral and written and the ability to act with tact and discretion in dealing with confidential information
• Good interpersonal skills with customer facing role experience
• Ability to prioritise and manage time to strict deadlines
• Good attention to detail
• Able to work effectively and confidently within a team environment
• Experience of working within a membership organisation
• Experience of using a CRM Database
• Experience of using a website content management system (e.g. WordPress)
• Experience of using an email marketing platform (e.g. Mailchimp)
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3 February 2020.
Interviews will be held in Edinburgh on Tuesday 11 February 2020.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.